Latest News
  • *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
LatinLover

Brenda Rodgers The New Manager Of Celtic

They twat is obviously looking for an easy pay day, must be the easiest football manager job in the world.

They twat is obviously looking for an easy pay day, must be the easiest football manager job in the world.

not necessarily so paul .

if he doesnt deliver the celtic fans will soon be on his back .

not necessarily so paul .

if he doesnt deliver the celtic fans will soon be on his back .

What's he got to deliver, they could probably win the league without a manager there is just nothing to compete against. Same for the Scottish cup competitions

I suppose lasting a few round in the Champions League would be an achievement but really that's about it. They really should be allowed into the BPL, I saw one game last year from Scotland, can't remember which match but it really was dire

I am glad the greedy sod got a job somewhere though as apparently while he was out of work Liiverpool had to pay him 5 million a year for 2 years. f**k me I wish I could negotiate terms like that.

What's he got to deliver, they could probably win the league without a manager there is just nothing to compete against. Same for the Scottish cup competitions

I suppose lasting a few round in the Champions League would be an achievement but really that's about it. They really should be allowed into the BPL, I saw one game last year from Scotland, can't remember which match but it really was dire

I am glad the greedy sod got a job somewhere though as apparently while he was out of work Liiverpool had to pay him 5 million a year for 2 years. f**k me I wish I could negotiate terms like that.

IF HE DOESNT AT LEAST GET IN TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES HE WONT LAST LONG AT CELTIC PAUL .

On 5/21/2016 at 6:01 PM, mulphy said:

IF HE DOESNT AT LEAST GET IN TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES HE WONT LAST LONG AT CELTIC PAUL .

Lost his first game from the mighty Lincoln Red Imps. A copper scored a goal then arrested 11 Celtic players on the charge they had impersonated footballers.

• Like 1

Think I would be really pissed if I was a Celtic supporter. I assume the 2nd leg will prove enough for Celtic to get through but doesn't bode well for Rogers after a first outing debacle.

9 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Think I would be really pissed if I was a Celtic supporter. I assume the 2nd leg will prove enough for Celtic to get through but doesn't bode well for Rogers after a first outing debacle.

embarressed is the word dave .

the youth team would have beaten the opponents put in front of them last night .

The more I think about it the more disappointed in him I get

to actually come out and say that there is no red faces in the dressing room is embarrassing

he actually had a fantastic opportunity to lay down a marker last night

come out and apologies to the supporters for the performance, acknowledge what the rest of the world know that it is a very embarrassing result for the club.

Say, that level of performance is unacceptable and if the players want to play a part in his plans they need to up their game pronto.

Instead he came across as weak with the same old excuses.

Not a good start

25 minutes ago, Parky said:

It's why people pay so much for leaders Rodgers and Cameron both had great chances to lead , a manager is not always  a leader but a leader can be a manager ...

Yep, totally agree. He needs to be a hard bastard now and make difficult decisions as he could lose the confidence of the fans if he continues with those that failed us last season. No more Mr nice guy and a lot more pragmatism in winning matches.

4 minutes ago, Parky said:

It rolls round to my point a guy is on a multi million pound contract , what can being tough on him do ?

I agree it's needed , the irony being players move into other clubs bigger wages ... 

Do ALL of them care ? 

For me he has to be ruthless and start his cull now,this mob have already seen off the previous manager with their inept performances it will be no skin off their noses if they did the same to Rodgers.

1 minute ago, firth1974 said:

Who's Brenda? They have a female manager now?

Maybe that's why they're playing like girls?

3 hours ago, Parky said:

It rolls round to my point a guy is on a multi million pound contract , what can being tough on him do ?

I agree it's needed , the irony being players move into other clubs bigger wages ... 

Do ALL of them care ? 

Managing a club is hard work, part of the job is clearing out the players who don't care anymore and bringing new ones that have something to prove. 

25 minutes ago, Parky said:

Yes agreed, but money changes some people .. Ball tells as an example, he would never have got a a game as a youth team player with that attitude.. Then you have people like Drogba ,Rooney and Bale whomare throurough Bree's..who will fight till they drop.

I see it as the hungry fighter,,, Fabregas as an example 29 now 2 years into a 50 million 5 year contract, seems to have lost interest....

As I see it's never been harder to manage a top very rich club, how do they measure whether a player will lose  his drive with the untold riches ? The manager bought the star, how can he not play him ?

There is another irony as a player ages he less he plays the longer he lasts, the less tackles he makes the less injuries .. Another year can be 5 million ... It's a weird old landscape now for the top players...

Watching Di Maria a couple of years ago was as though he knew it as a short stay so never cared, so another 10% of a 40 million move..

Actually you'll get to see plenty of players whose form dips after they sign their first professional contract, whether it is a big money one or not. 

It's not as simple as being hungry or not. Players age at a different rate like everyone, lots of players would have been one year wonders in the first place, some players play well for their clubs but not for their national team, other play well for their national team but are shite at club level, team morale is very important as well. 

Mourinho is the type of manager that gets players that want to win and gets the most out of them. Yet when he sacked Eva Carneiro team morale dropped, players didn't want to play for him anymore, so it was only a matter of time to get the boot. Now at ManU he signed players that want to win the Champions League. Reading minds is hard work! 

Di Maria is a player that would have never been suitable for the EPL and didn't want to go there in the first place. While playing in Real Madrid he was subbed in 90% of his games because he wouldn't be able to last 90' on the pitch. Actually by being shite for ManU he would force his way out, as the club would decide to cut their losses sooner or later. 

I feel sorry for all Celtic supporters on the board but Brodgers is a complete spoofer. 

Seems to have no idea about defence and very rarely has a plan B in place.

I don't think the psychological games he tries with players will work in Glasgow and might just end up with his face being rearranged, fingers crossed. 

16 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I feel sorry for all Celtic supporters on the board but Brodgers is a complete spoofer. 

Seems to have no idea about defence and very rarely has a plan B in place.

I don't think the psychological games he tries with players will work in Glasgow and might just end up with his face being rearranged, fingers crossed. 

I doubt very much many, if any, of his squad are Glaswegians.

23 minutes ago, Parky said:

But the point being Di Maria made several millions more by acting how he did , that's a new thing in the game, Spurs ran furthest last year , Leicester tried hardest , there were plenty of players at the big clubs who clearly never cared  , did you see Chelsea effort v Spurs 37 more of those they win EPL.. As I see it there is still no measure as to how a player reacts with the millions they earn , did Di Maria plan that move ?

Mourhino has been able to motivate in the past usually a young core of players he can influence , I can't see Zlatan doing anything he does not want to. David Bentley was a big signing he hated the game .. With the untold riches a person playing for the team is interesting as some play purely for themselves , at times not running off the ball for fear of making a team mate look good ...

Strange times , a few years ago 2 Arsenal players were seen laughing at the scoreboard when they were one nil down ... Add in language barriers massive egos team spirit at these clubs is now to build , Leicester and Spurs had it a young team and a team of never beens , Chelsea's , City's , United and Chelsea's was not evident more than a few games ... These players earn more than many many business turnover ... I would guess most are just concerned with their wages or next move .. Paul Pogba was quoted as the most successful passer for France XYZ percentage but when they are 10 yard back and forth with no pressure what a daft measure ... Did he give 100% in final or was he trying to get his successful pass rate up ???

Plenty of players have done the same as Di Maria in the past. Most of them were in smaller clubs and wanted a transfer in a bigger club, or overseas players who only lasted a year in England after moving to greener pastures elsewhere. Chelsea last year had nothing to play for, after avoiding relegation. Teams that are indifferent for the result naturally don't give 100% on their games and players avoid hard tackles. This doesn't happen as much in the EPL but it's the case in most of the leagues all over the world. Against Spurs... well they were playing for fame then!

Mourinho has been able to motivate 30yo Eto'o to play as right defender when he was in Inter. Or other players who had seen it all in Chelsea. Zlatan really wants to win the Champions League (and the EPL) and will do whatever is needed. Players who won't pass the ball or won't run off the ball soon realise that they need their team to perform well in order to increase their value in the transfer market. 

The same applies to Pogba, if France had won the Euro he would have been bought from Real Madrid. 

5 minutes ago, Parky said:

Di Maria went to a smaller club, never cared it seemed... Then another big move to Paris, he is rated there.

Samuel Eto has always been a warrior, like Drogba that's the point... It's the Fabregas, Di Maria , Benteke, Ballotelli... The reality is Mourhino could not motive a raft of rich players at Chelsea, again that looked liked he wanted out he is clearly a bright guy dropping Terry doing all sorts of odd things, it never read true.

With such riches the corruption must be obscene, Pobgba played as if he never cared in the final just playing non passes, all very odd.

A few years ago John Terry leant on Chelsea saying he was going to City as did Rooney a few years later, yet fans hold these guys up as heroes... Now both performed well for their clubs , but equally blackmailed them...

As I say the game is not as pure as many fans would believe, a  good friend of mine his  son in law plays for an EPL team, some of the things I have heard are amazing...

Di Maria was kicked out from Real Madrid. He wanted to go to PSG in the first place, RM would only sell him to ManU. 

Mourinho did motive a raft of rich players at Chelsea for 2 years in a row. One year he was the kingmaker, the second was the king. The only reason that he failed in his third year, was that he disrupted the team morale after sacking Ms Eva. 

There is no doubt there is huge corruption in football though, only fools believe that players love their clubs more than any worker loves his workplace. 

(IMHO Pogba played well in the final, the French lost because Ronaldo went off injured) 

19 hours ago, Al McReady said:

The more I think about it the more disappointed in him I get

to actually come out and say that there is no red faces in the dressing room is embarrassing

he actually had a fantastic opportunity to lay down a marker last night

come out and apologies to the supporters for the performance, acknowledge what the rest of the world know that it is a very embarrassing result for the club.

Say, that level of performance is unacceptable and if the players want to play a part in his plans they need to up their game pronto.

Instead he came across as weak with the same old excuses.

Not a good start

An absolutely ridiculous statement to come out with. I would like to think there were some harsh words said in the dressing room, but I doubt it. 

Are we going down the same path as before, money will only be spent IF we qualify for the group stages. 

Dembele looks like a good signing but we all know that if he does well he will be sold to the highest bidder. 

1 hour ago, Parky said:

It's tough for a manager , if he says we were a shower and the players are a disgrace to the shirt what happens , they sulk like kids and won't play for him ...

That's why I hope some harsh words were said in the dressing room. 

However I get what you are saying, some players spit the tummy out if they're slated by the manager in the papers. 

At least the players still have the chance to turn this around. 

3 minutes ago, RangersFC said:

I'd bet my last £ that Celtic will put 6 past them at Celtic Park as a face saving exercise.

I'd be more worried about Motherwell if I was you. 

Big game tonight, 2-0 would be nice. 

He has certainly made his mark since coming in and has the team playing well, still a lot of work to be done but happy with what I have seen so far. 

36 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Relief..... Just pure unadulterated relief......

Absolutely, never saw the game but I believe it was a bit nerve wracking.