Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

lanzalad

Sending papers to the UK by FEDEX

Well it’s the first time I’ve needed to use FedEx for sending documents back to the UK because in the past I’ve just used e-mails and the standard postal service.

But FedEx told me the documents would be in the UK in two days, which I was on a dead line to get the papers back to the UK, and handed in by midday on Friday.

So I did have my doubts about the papers getting there so after running back and forth with the girl on the desk I decided to go for it and send the papers.

So I filled in my details three times got asked loads of questions and the documents was handed over just before 1pm on Tuesday Thai time.

I’ve been watching the tracking for the last day and half and it arrived this morning at 9.16 am UK time.

What a good service and the cost to send them was only 1050 baht priority service.

I just wanted to let you know if you need to send papers or passport and any documents its worth using FedEx in Pattaya for such a service.

Here's the details:-

Screenshot at Jul 14 18-52-59.png

Screenshot at Jul 14 18-52-38.png

Nice.

Did send my passport to Germany by EMS. They told me it takes 5 days, after 9 it actually arrived.

EMS is handled in Germany by DHL.

Cost: 1080 Bt.

ive recently used dhl UK to Thailand.they were excellent, it cost 39.95 for a document envelope.never thought of fedex

Well interesting that FedEx were only 1050 baht.  When I was sending my Referendum vote to the UK the Thai Post wanted 1500 baht to guarantee my vote arrived in 3 days. I went for the free post service offered.  My vote wouldn't have made any difference, we voted out anyway and I saved the cost of 1500 baht! Result (as they say).

I don't know if DHL do the samosa FedEx but on where it says DELIVERED it also says who's signed for it too, which could help and proof of delivery.

When I google FEDEX pattaya it says Soi 2 between second road and beach road Pattaya. Mail Boxes etc... or something like that. Isn't there a real FEDEX office in Naklua or Pattaya ? I need to send a kindle paperwhite back to Amazon in Kentucky USA.

dhl is the same as fedex,you can see exactely where your parcel is.not cheap but it did what it said

7 minutes ago, JONPAT said:

When I google FEDEX pattaya it says Soi 2 between second road and beach road Pattaya. Mail Boxes etc... or something like that. Isn't there a real FEDEX office in Naklua or Pattaya ? I need to send a kindle paperwhite back to Amazon in Kentucky USA.

Well upon further checking it is really a UPS that would be my best bet. AMAZON will pay the freight if I use UPS. So, anyone know if ups is in Pattaya ?  I'll google it as soon as I post this.

7 hours ago, som nam na said:

and the result was?

My Google ability indicates there is an office/station several hundred yards north of Klang on Sukhumvit just between Soi 40 & 38. I must get to a computer cafe and print out the label/instructions for Shipping that Amazon has provided to Hebron , KY. Then take a bahtbus to end of Klang ( from Soi Buakhoa), walk the several hundred yard to Soi 40 and find the UPS station/office. Once there I'm sure the clerk will be most helpful in getting the package wrapped and shipped (hoping they can actually package the Paperwhite there); all except printing cost and bahtbus taken care of for nothing out of my pocket, all prepaidish by Amazon. Otherwise I have other red tape and hoops to jump thru.

Sure, I'll let BMs know how this turns out after I accomplish it this morning.

Backup plan is to print the label/directions out at the computer cafe on Soi Buakhoa, take bahtbuses to FEDEX on North Second rd north of the roundabout, up in Naklua area. Give them the address label, hope they will package the Kindle, pay the cost, contact Amazon for a credit for the shipping cost. We will see, I'll follow up with a post for the BMs.

Edited by JONPAT
combine postings; and further reading of address lable provide by Amazon

.I should learn to read more carefully; the Amazon instruction say 'give this printout to the company you have chosen ..."   Heck, looks like I have the choice of UPS, HDL, or FEDEX. I will make my way back to Thip Plaza on 2nd rd after getting the print from a Computer shop/cafe on Soi Buakhoa up near the K-bank not far from the Another Beer Bar. Ask if they know what I am doing, will they pack my paperwhite; if not then I can tell them I go to pack and really go try my luck at the FEDEX up in Naklua. Gonna be an interesting day.

Edited by JONPAT
closer reading on my part

DHL wanted 1900 baht; even though Amazon said they repay me the shipping cost I just don't have the trust needed with Amazon for 1900 baht, I can almost buy a brand new Kindle for that amount. So I tried to find UPS in Pattaya; no such luck, that address is now a lawyers office and they had no idea where UPS may have moved. The next option was FEDEX, they would not touch the Kindle because it has a lithium ion battery, lithium battery, whatever: that was a lost cause. Did get a real nice response from clerk when I asked if the Thai Post could send it: "I only know FEDEX rules"; made me smile.

So, there it is, life in a less than first world country. Living the dream without reading an ebook.

Edited by JONPAT
caught a spelling error.

The reason I asked was if I recall there used to be a UPS in the basement of I think Central. in the corner of the lower ground floor. Don't know if it is still there. Tried Google Maps but it wasn't helpful.

1 hour ago, som nam na said:

The reason I asked was if I recall there used to be a UPS in the basement of I think Central. in the corner of the lower ground floor. Don't know if it is still there. Tried Google Maps but it wasn't helpful.

I'll look tomorrow just in case. I can say for sure there is not one on Sukhumvit between Soi 38 & 40, folks in the lawyers office there said it had closed some time ago, danger of info from the net it has not been kept up to date.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:17 PM, som nam na said:

It was there on Saturday but was all boarded off yesterday. Apparantly it is reopenning "soon" next to KFC.....

FYI:  UPS on bottom floor of Harbour Mall on Klang. I ate at the Shabushi there and walked a few floors, saw it on the bottom (Ground? First?) floor.

4 minutes ago, JONPAT said:

FYI:  UPS on bottom floor of Harbour Mall on Klang. I ate at the Shabushi there and walked a few floors, saw it on the bottom (Ground? First?) floor.

Good update. This is an informative thread.

Since finding the office closed in Central in August I have had to send 3 packages back to UK. None needed to be there quickly but I wanted registered with track and trace.

I used Thai Post for around 160 baht. All were tracked and arrived safely in around 8 days..

1 x Package was sent from Thai Post, Soi Buakhao, opposite the new Holiday Inn being built.

2 x Packages were sent from the small desk, bottom floor, Big C, Pattaya Tai.

So between us we have identified possibilities North, middle and South....(Surely people know about soi Post Office - the clue is in the name)...but of course it depends on how important your package is....