Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

3 minutes ago, matthewh said:

the initial visa was a fiancé visa."hard but done".we married in the UK in june 2009.a mate of mine is from Ireland and  his wife has 10 years leave to remain.it is out and out discrimination.i have to agree with you about broken Britain.

Yes the problem is you are white and a tax payer 🇬🇧

The UK is finished 

No disrespect,but I don't agree like everyone on your Mrs visa (Leave to remain I take It?) You had two years to pass the Life In U.K test how long did you need mate.

She would have had Indefinite Leave by 2011 then .

You would have had none of this Then, by 2012 she could have had a British passport .

Good Luck

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

5 minutes ago, Parky said:

Yes the problem is you are white and a tax payer 🇬🇧

The UK is finished 

Nothing to do with colour in Matt's case mate

• Like 1

I don't wish to turn this thread to an anti eu oneBUT.??.thanks guys for continuing the thread in the correct manner.its a minefield and I will keep it updated.

• Thumbs up 1

12 minutes ago, roomark said:

Nothing to do with colour in Matt's case mate

Can’t agree mate , if he was a ‘Displaced African ‘ he could bring any women in and say it’s his wife ‘ thousands of bogus marriages ...

http://www.mirror.co.UK/news/UK-news/exposed-6k-time-sham-marriage-7043395

There you go Polish the whole country and the whole of every other EU country has the right to live in UK 🇬🇧 🤣🤣🤣

Marry an Asian straight in .. White working class Brits have different rules , the Poles other halves don’t have to do the UK test ..It’s their right to bring a spouse in , but not a Brits 🤣🤣🤣😂🇬🇧

Edited by Parky

2 minutes ago, Parky said:

Can’t agree mate , if he was a ‘Displaced African ‘ he could bring any women in and say it’s his wife ‘ thousands of bogus marriages ...

Nothing to do with Africans either.

His wife (and I mean no disrespect to Matt) came over on a two year visa,where at the end of it they had to give a load of paperwork in to prove they are living together,married,both working plus a pass on Life In The U.K or whatever the equal college pass was.

They didn't do it so didn't get the visa..

Wouldn't matter who it was if you don't do as they ask and follow the visa rules they are knocking you back.

1 minute ago, roomark said:

His wife (and I mean no disrespect to Matt) came over on a two year visa,where at the end of it they had to give a load of paperwork in to prove they are living together,married,both working plus a pass on Life In The U.K or whatever the equal college pass was.

They didn't do it so didn't get the visa..

Wouldn't matter who it was if you don't do as they ask and follow the visa rules they are knocking you back.

actually it was a 6 month fiancé visa,after which we married and went to Croydon to get another 2 years leave to remain.docs and everything shown and granted.and paid for I hasten to add.if people have no money then forget it.im not rich im working class.getting your lovely lady to heathrow is the start of a constant gravy train.happy crimbo.

9 minutes ago, roomark said:

All of Poland can come to UK and bring a foreign  partner, the partner does not need to jump through the hoops a British person has to thats my point ...

So a Brit has a different set of rules for brining a spouse in than an EU member  does ...  

An African can arrive say they have been persecuted  and bring a partner  in , they can lie about the marriage saying the documents were burnt ,,, They get in ... Africans claiming asylum don't do the same residency exam, well why should they :laugh:

Edited by Parky

4 minutes ago, matthewh said:

actually it was a 6 month fiancé visa,after which we married and went to Croydon to get another 2 years leave to remain.docs and everything shown and granted.and paid for I hasten to add.if people have no money then forget it.im not rich im working class.getting your lovely lady to heathrow is the start of a constant gravy train.happy crimbo.

But after the two years leave to remain Pukky didn't pass Life In The U.K and that's where your problems started,which is my point mate .

I hope you get it sorted it's gotta be doing your nut in.

All the best to you both too.

• Thumbs up 2

5 minutes ago, Parky said:

All of Poland can come to UK and bring a foreign  partner, the partner does not need to jump through the hoops a British person has to thats my point ...

So a Brit has a different set of rules for brining a spouse in than an EU member  does ...  

An African can arrive say they have been persecuted  and bring a partner  in , they can lie about the marriage saying the documents were burnt ,,, They get in ... 

No idea about someone from Poland mate really.

I do know my mate (who is a U.K citizen living in Cyprus) got knocked back for his Phillipine wife entering the U.K and they have a 4 year old son (who was born in Cyprus,but has a U.K passport)..

No doubt it all needs sorting and cases that are obviously genuine should be priority.

Cheers pal all the best to you too 😊

9 minutes ago, roomark said:

I do know my mate (who is a U.K citizen living in Cyprus) got knocked back for his Phillipine wife entering the U.K and they have a 4 year old son (who was born in Cyprus,but has a U.K passport)..

No doubt it all needs sorting and cases that are obviously genuine should be priority.

Well all of Poland is allowed in every one , also they can bring a wife in as the report shows many are making money with bogus marriages , once they marry someone they are straight in ..

Sure a  UK citizen will get knocked back , I would agree genuine  cases need  sorting ,,,,, But the PC world we live in means the filth and scum who lie get priority and they don't have the same criteria when proving  its their spouse,,

Cheers mate happy Xmas and keep well :flower:

https://www.standard.co.UK/news/UK/revealed-false-claims-by-thousands-of-illegal-immigrants-clog-asylum-system-a3320131.html

Above you see many are claiming once caught, however  going forward  they will now know they have to claim as soon as they arrive .... meaning all get to stay :laugh:

Broken, Bankrupt  Britain ...

Edited by Parky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

33 minutes ago, roomark said:

But after the two years leave to remain Pukky didn't pass Life In The U.K and that's where your problems started,which is my point mate .

I hope you get it sorted it's gotta be doing your nut in.

All the best to you both too.

yes i agree and am facing that now.discretionary leave was her last visa,it is that we are seeking renewal of.as ive said i cant sit he exam for her.its not doing my nut in"it did".things must carry on regarless.im a decent honest person and so is my wife.i have confidence in the system,and have always been treated fairly.i don't agree with the rules.thats life.

• Thumbs up 2

55 minutes ago, roomark said:

disgusting.!!!

the best advice I can give is to treat every visa application as a job application and you wont go far wrong.make sure things are visible and don't need to be searched for,otherwise they will say you haven't sent what they were searching for.just another snippet

20 hours ago, roomark said:

No disrespect,but I don't agree like everyone on your Mrs visa (Leave to remain I take It?) You had two years to pass the Life In U.K test how long did you need mate.

She would have had Indefinite Leave by 2011 then .

You would have had none of this Then, by 2012 she could have had a British passport .

Good Luck

Spot on,  My wife came here in 2010 and got her UK passport in 2013  I looked into the L I U K test but it looked pretty tricky even for me so I opted for the 1 week English language course followed by a simple english exam that was required for Indefinate leave The  people at the language course also conduct the test and assured me of a 95% pass rate, it was all very simple £300 total cost.

• Thumbs up 3

1 hour ago, buffalo said:

Spot on,  My wife came here in 2010 and got her UK passport in 2013  I looked into the L I U K test but it looked pretty tricky even for me so I opted for the 1 week English language course followed by a simple english exam that was required for Indefinate leave The  people at the language course also conduct the test and assured me of a 95% pass rate, it was all very simple £300 total cost.

Yep its something matt and his wife should have addressed from day one..

Puang did her first test on a holiday visa to present on the spouse visa application.

From landing here in the UK she spends at least one hour a day doing mock test.

I don't know if your girl did this or not matt but we are not taking any chances.

• Thumbs up 2

15 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

Puang did her first test on a holiday visa to present on the spouse visa application.

I don't know if your girl did this or not matt but we are not taking any chances.

Good stuff whats the age old saying , "If you fail to plan , you better plan to fail " 

Edited by Parky

26 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

she did mate and tried 10 times,the best score being 16.then she did an English course for a week and an exam but they said the college wasn't on their approved list.when my wife came there was no English test in Thailand.i hope Puang passes quick.when the home office said that about the college.that is when discretionary leave to remain was granted.

I’d have given up by now, well done matty for persevering.

I had to do an online test yesterday to get some flea ointment for our Cilla but that’s as much as I ever endured.

Edited by Rob Jones
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

she did mate and tried 10 times,the best score being 16.then she did an English course for a week and an exam but they said the college wasn't on their approved list.when my wife came there was no English test in Thailand.i hope Puang passes quick.when the home office said that about the college.that is when discretionary leave to remain was granted.

Why doesn't she do the English course and test again with an approved college?

:)

6 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Why doesn't she do the English course and test again with an approved college?

she doesnt need to show that now,but none the less has.and gone with the present application to support it,along with letters from her employer.p 60s etc etc etc.

Edited by matthewh
  • Thumbs up 1

58 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

I’d have given up by now, well done matty for persevering.

I had to do an online test yesterday to get some flea ointment for our Cilla but that’s as much as I ever endured.

And me , but well done Matty 10 years with any women she can go back in the pond as far as I am concerned...

Hope it all comes good for you Matty , you are both clearly happy and committed , great to see mate so many poor marriages out there is refreshing to see a good one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Parky said:

And me , but well done Matty 10 years with any women she can go back in the pond as far as I am concerned...

Hope it all comes good for you Matty , you are both clearly happy and committed , great to see mate so many poor marriages out there is refreshing to see a good one...

back in the pond lol.

The wife and I have been together for 16 years now, married 14.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

3 minutes ago, davethailand said:

back in the pond lol.

The wife and I have been together for 16 years now, married 14.

Congrats mate , it’s just  a saying we have , like “Back on the Island “ meaning Thailand , I was once told Thailand was not an Island on here ,was useful as I thought it was surrounded by water.

Regards Marco Polo...

everybodys situation is unique and differs in various ways.its my country and we married here in Cambridge.another update soon.

• Thumbs up 1