Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

10 minutes ago, matthewh said:

everybodys situation is unique and differs in various ways.its my country and we married here in Cambridge.another update soon.

Sadly the fact that you married in the UK makes no difference to the process.

:(

• Thumbs up 1

8 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Sadly the fact that you married in the UK makes no difference to the process.

:(

I know that,but other things do.No government money,own home.tax,ni,no criminal record.as I said previously its a minefield.oh well.?.from the eu its a motorway and a ferry or a plane.sad but true.

11 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I know that,but other things do.No government money,own home.tax,ni,no criminal record.as I said previously its a minefield.oh well.?.from the eu its a motorway and a ferry or a plane.sad but true.

Not many can say  that with benefit  cheats, CSA runners, scum behind with rent and arrests for gear ... You are a beacon mate, standing  high above the parasitic filth ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

17 minutes ago, Parky said:

Not many can say  that with benefit  cheats, CSA runners, scum behind with rent and arrests for gear ... You are a beacon mate, standing  high above the parasitic filth ..

like my non existent comb over.left or right.yes my head is a beacon.

• Thumbs up 1

44 minutes ago, matthewh said:

Same, apart from job seekers allowance for 3 months in 2014 whilst looking after my Mum and Dad I've had nothing.

I've only done 5 weeks work this year since April (getting frustrated now lol) and I've still had nothing off of the government.

Never been nicked, no record, no mortgage etc etc and still had to apply twice and show salaries etc to try and get her here.

The requirement has changed I believe and I think you can show property etc for the financial requirement now.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, davethailand said:

Same, apart from job seekers allowance for 3 months in 2014 whilst looking after my Mum and Dad I've had nothing.

I've only done 5 weeks work this year since April (getting frustrated now lol) and I've still had nothing off of the government.

Never been nicked, no record, no mortgage etc etc and still had to apply twice and show salaries etc to try and get her here.

The requirement has changed I believe and I think you can show property etc for the financial requirement now.

its always changing.the reason for the fred.

7 hours ago, davethailand said:

back in the pond lol.

The wife and I have been together for 16 years now, married 14.

17.5 and 16.25 for me Mr. Dave!!!!!! Can't see anything happenning except those two numbers continue to climb until Death Do Us Part!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

7 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

17.5 and 16.25 for me Mr. Dave!!!!!! Can't see anything happenning except those two numbers continue to climb until Death Do Us Part!

Same here mate, couldn't be happier.

• Thumbs up 2

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

Together 16 years for us too and 15 years of wedded bliss this coming Saturday.

When I think hard about this, in my first and second degree social circles the only person I know who has had a "disasterous" marriage with a Thai is our very own Frech Spice. I can think of 10 gringo's from my HK days alone who are very happily married to a Thai and most of them have been married longer than I. 90% of my social circle here in Thailand are non Thai  guys married to Thai girls.  Americans, Europeans, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean, and I don't know a one of them who is in a "problem" relationship. A few of them are on the total opposite side, being married into very wealthy Thai families and living a lush life us mere mortals can only dream about...

From HK, I have quite an expansive circle of guys who are married to Filipino's as well. Again, can only think of one where it hasn't worked out, and my friend the husband would say it was he that f**ked up, not her!

43 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

When I think hard about this, in my first and second degree social circles the only person I know who has had a "disasterous" marriage with a Thai is our very own Frech Spice. I can think of 10 gringo's from my HK days alone who are very happily married to a Thai and most of them have been married longer than I. 90% of my social circle here in Thailand are non Thai  guys married to Thai girls.  Americans, Europeans, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean, and I don't know a one of them who is in a "problem" relationship. A few of them are on the total opposite side, being married into very wealthy Thai families and living a lush life us mere mortals can only dream about...

From HK, I have quite an expansive circle of guys who are married to Filipino's as well. Again, can only think of one where it hasn't worked out, and my friend the husband would say it was he that f**ked up, not her!

i was chatting to a couple of long term expats about this very subject at the weekend. Not sure if the metric can be applied all over the world but it would appear that if a marriage lasts in Thailand longer than 5 years then it is likely to continue......

Interesting that a lot of the guys we spoke about were on their second or third marriage (not necessarily 2nd or 3rd  to Thai wives) and I wonder if this has a bearing. For myself I married the first mrs smiler at 21 and with hindsight it was probably a bit too early (for me anyway). Again speaking for myself I took a long time in between the first and second mrs smilers. I was looking for someone special and got lucky - 11 years for us and it just keeps getting better :) 

1 hour ago, STARGAZER said:

Always makes me laugh, people staying married does not mean they are happy .. Society makes people put on a front but in many long term marriages people are bored of each other , for sure there are many many happy marriages but there are as many where people are ‘Going through the motions “ or staying together for the children and others scared to lose their financial status .... Good luck to all married people but no one can point at another couple and say they are happy .....

Many are stuck .... 

https://www.thecut.com/2016/12/why-people-stay-in-unhappy-relationships.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moments-matter/201611/5-reasons-people-stay-in-unhappy-relationships

Anyway Merry Xmas to all the blissfully happy married BMs wishing you many many more years of your wedded bliss ...

Edited by Parky
  • Thanks 1

This guy getting sent benefits and subletting his council house.....

What a disgusting place the UK has become , welcoming in parasitic filth ... yet a Brit has to jump through hoops to get his wife in ...729DF803-1374-40C1-A9B0-0F71DA9DE1AC.png

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Always makes me laugh, people staying married does not mean they are happy .. Society makes people put on a front but in many long term marriages people are bored of each other , for sure there are many many happy marriages but there are as many where people are ‘Going through the motions “ or staying together for the children and others scared to lose their financial status .... Good luck to all married people but no one can point at another couple and say they are happy .....

Many are stuck .... 

https://www.thecut.com/2016/12/why-people-stay-in-unhappy-relationships.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moments-matter/201611/5-reasons-people-stay-in-unhappy-relationships

Anyway Merry Xmas to all the blissfully happy married BMs wishing you many many more years of your wedded bliss ...

Great post

Edited by Rob Jones

Star,

Disastrous is not really the word. It lasted 10 years after all, and more importantly I am pretty close to succeeding to have the 3 kids (mine, not Somchai's) having a decent career, western orientated. Nothing would have stressed me more than them taking on the "Thai mind".

Probably I am also a bit less tolerant to B.S. anyway, no regrets, at the end I am having a more enjoyable life then her...And I will make sure that it gets worse for her in the future...

No anger, no hatred, just managing a situation like it should be.  You knowing one of the kids, and can sure not say I failed on that part.  And thats the most important one.  

BTW, she is coming over next month, we ll discuss a bit about what she has.in mind. 

Some BM have met the eldest son, and can attest that he knows what he wants and is doing the necessary to achieve it.

And as Parky mentionned, people staying together after xx years is not necessarely a gauge of success...plenty other reason can come into play.

• Thumbs up 2

20 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Star,

Disastrous is not really the word. It lasted 10 years after all, and more importantly I am pretty close to succeeding to have the 3 kids (mine, not Somchai's) having a decent career, western orientated. Nothing would have stressed me more than them taking on the "Thai mind".

Probably I am also a bit less tolerant to B.S. anyway, no regrets, at the end I am having a more enjoyable life then her...And I will make sure that it gets worse for her in the future...

No anger, no hatred, just managing a situation like it should be.  You knowing one of the kids, and can sure not say I failed on that part.  And thats the most important one.  

BTW, she is coming over next month, we ll discuss a bit about what she has.in mind. 

Some BM have met the eldest son, and can attest that he knows what he wants and is doing the necessary to achieve it.

And as Parky mentionned, people staying together after xx years is not necessarely a gauge of success...plenty other reason can come into play.

As Parky said earlier, throw them back in the pond after 10 years and get a new model. No different to a car or smartphone IMO. You buy them, and maintain them and you become bored with them, if you can’t afford a new one, well that’s life I suppose. Plenty of people still ‘happy’ with the Galaxy S5 but I bet they would really like the the S7.....

Reading this thread only tells me exactly what I thought the day I stepped foot into Thailand. Like the library book, return it after you have finished with it and get another one. Why? Because you can.......

Edited by Rob Jones
  • Thumbs up 3

21 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

As Parky said earlier, throw them back in the pond after 10 years and get a new model. No different to a car or smartphone IMO. You buy them, and maintain them and you become bored with them, if you can’t afford a new one, well that’s life I suppose. Plenty of people still ‘happy’ with the Galaxy S5 but I bet they would really like the the S7.....

Reading this thread only tells me exactly what I thought the day I stepped foot into Thailand. Like the library book, return it after you have finished with it and get another one. Why? Because you can.......

Hell Rob, I must have fecked up my phone renewal...

All 65 y old guys seem to have 25 y old stunner model....feck, I knew that fecking JD Coke was not a good idea...

Ok, back to topic. Its not about da frog's failure, its about importing love in the UK !

• Thumbs up 2

41 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Star,

Spice only met your son once , if that’s a disaster then I pity the world, despite what people say men and women are not designed to stay together forever , sure there are some but as you say many factors come into play , people change it’s no ones fault ..

Wishing you and your kids a happy Xmas mate , send my best biking wishes to your lad 😎

• Thumbs up 2

1 minute ago, thai spice said:

All 65 y old guys seem to have 25 y old stunner model....feck, I knew that fecking JD Coke was not a good idea...

Ok, back to topic. Its not about da frog's failure, its about importing love in the UK !

To be honest I didn’t see many 65 year olds with 25 year stunners last month when I was in Pattaya - or for the last 10 years when I lived there. The 25 year old stunners were mostly with 25 year old customers.

4 minutes ago, thai spice said:

lol The Frogs failure, failure is not walking away from a finished relationship, failure is staying in a dead and false one 😱😎

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Parky said:

lol The Frogs failure, failure is not walking away from a finished relationship, failure is staying in a dead and false one 😱😎

Like a job, the reason why people remain with the same company/partner is mostly down to fear. 

• Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, Rob Jones said:

Like a job, the reason why people remain with the same company/partner is mostly down to fear. 

Then people slag the job or other half off after 20 years in job or with partner ?? If they change either ...

Never understood  it.. all this ‘We are married 20 years and blissfully happy ‘ who is trying to convince who ???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parky said:

Then people slag the job or other half off after 20 years in job or with partner ?? If they change either ...

Never understood  it.. all this ‘We are married 20 years and blissfully happy ‘ who is trying to convince who ???

And this is the reason why I wouldn’t spend my time and money jumping through all the hoops to get a women I love a UK visa. But thankfully, we are all different, some think it’s worth all the annoyance. 

18 minutes ago, Parky said:

Spice only met your son once , if that’s a disaster then I pity the world, despite what people say men and women are not designed to stay together forever , sure there are some but as you say many factors come into play , people change it’s no ones fault ..

Wishing you and your kids a happy Xmas mate , send my best biking wishes to your lad 😎

Will do, Mate, but at the moment he is doing more crawling in the cold than riding bikes surrounded by sexy Thai girls....

1513202320704-1024x768.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

12 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

S8 plus Mr Jones 

You always were lagging behind in the phone stakes 😂😂

• Thumbs up 1