Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The Tongue

Bringing medicines to Thailand

17 minutes ago, Murchie said:

That must be a hard one for you to get your head around, ten years then bang it's all undone. 

More than 10 years mate, that was just in Thailand. About the same as myself, 15 years of not more clean and sober. 

Aye, bang! Space of 2/3 months, your life f**ked. 

But there's lapses and relapses. After the initial night/weekend/ few days session, once he woke up, came round, he was at a crossroads. Sadly he chose to continue. I'd have been straight to the first NA or AA meet I could get to, plenty in Pattaya, plenty I'm Thailand. Spoke at it, explained what happened, how I was extremely vulnerable and fragile. Undoubtedly he would have had plenty offers of non judgmental help. 

But all that's easy for me to say, it wasn't me who's addiction took over again, and I can only hope I am never in that situation and stop kinda judging him, what he should of shouldn't have done. 

Poor cunt is a genuine nice guy, scary and sad in equal measure. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

3 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

More than 10 years mate, that was just in Thailand. About the same as myself, 15 years of not more clean and sober. 

Aye, bang! Space of 2/3 months, your life f**ked. 

But there's lapses and relapses. After the initial night/weekend/ few days session, once he woke up, came round, he was at a crossroads. Sadly he chose to continue. I'd have been straight to the first NA or AA meet I could get to, plenty in Pattaya, plenty I'm Thailand. Spoke at it, explained what happened, how I was extremely vulnerable and fragile. Undoubtedly he would have had plenty offers of non judgmental help. 

But all that's easy for me to say, it wasn't me who's addiction took over again, and I can only hope I am never in that situation and stop kinda judging him, what he should of shouldn't have done. 

Poor cunt is a genuine nice guy, scary and sad in equal measure. 

Irish Boy respect ✊ to you,for what you achieved managing the booze etc , your honesty here is commendable ..

Its a pity the odd degenerate does not learn from you ..

Enjoy your trip with your family 😎

She knew what she was doing with the tramadol make no mistake 290 tabs deliberately hidden in panadol boxes. They fetch around £8 a tab in UK because it calms the smackheads and crack users down

I also take Tramadol for chronic fibromylgia normally 30 days supply (60 tabs) but quack will give 2 months on proof of extended trip. All off it goes in checked bag though you dont want to be getting a random tug in transit in the ME.

1 hour ago, GCC75 said:

She knew what she was doing with the tramadol make no mistake 290 tabs deliberately hidden in panadol boxes. They fetch around £8 a tab in UK because it calms the smackheads and crack users down

I also take Tramadol for chronic fibromylgia normally 30 days supply (60 tabs) but quack will give 2 months on proof of extended trip. All off it goes in checked bag though you dont want to be getting a random tug in transit in the ME.

:laugh:

Not sure where you're getting £8 a capsule for tramadol. 80p if you're lucky. Street methadone or subutex don't even cost that.  For £8 you could get a bag of smack, the real thing. Why buy a substitute if you can get the real thing. 

Maybe she did know, maybe she didn't, no one on here certainly knows for sure.

Anyways, she'll not be doing it again. 

Just catching up on YouTube, going through a whole load of videos, I particularly like the VICE videos, was actually watching some Mexican cartel ones when I bumped into the two below..

Now this really throws a curve ball into why the woman took in Tramadol and why her boyfriend wanted it.  The first video was released in 2016, this is not a new problem. I was actually watching the second video and a whole segment started talking about Tramadol being taken in lieu of harder drugs (see from 12.15).  She really made a mistake taking in this drug.  As much as the second one is about the Gaza strip the drugs are smuggled in via Egypt using the same tunnels used for smuggling weapons.

Edited by The Tongue

I've seen the 2nd one, if it includes the vigilantes. 

Tramadol, like various others are opiates. The US currently has a serious opiate  problem, mostly from big pharma who manufacture such drugs advertising and aggressively pushing them. Now it's been recognised, cut back a bit, lots of opiate addicted people who can't get them are buying street heroin. 

We had 3 US medical students give a presentation on it now so long ago. 

10 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

I've seen the 2nd one, if it includes the vigilantes. 

Tramadol, like various others are opiates. The US currently has a serious opiate  problem, mostly from big pharma who manufacture such drugs advertising and aggressively pushing them. Now it's been recognised, cut back a bit, lots of opiate addicted people who can't get them are buying street heroin. 

We had 3 US medical students give a presentation on it now so long ago. 

Watched a documentary called Prescription Thugs not long ago, was certainly an eye opener to the problem and how bad it is.

Edited by Murchie

Time to round up all these junkies and put a bullet it in their head. Duterte has the right approach.

Why should taxpayers have their hard earned money go to help these pieces of shit? 

Kill the scum 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Time to round up all these junkies and put a bullet it in their head. Duterte has the right approach.

Why should taxpayers have their hard earned money go to help these pieces of shit? 

Kill the scum 

The ones who make an effort to get off it , but anyone caught with drugs overseas and over 50 should be shot 😎

4 hours ago, Irish boy said:

:laugh:

Not sure where you're getting £8 a capsule for tramadol. 80p if you're lucky. Street methadone or subutex don't even cost that.  For £8 you could get a bag of smack, the real thing. Why buy a substitute if you can get the real thing. 

Maybe she did know, maybe she didn't, no one on here certainly knows for sure.

Anyways, she'll not be doing it again. 

Thats whay they go for in the South West UK.....not a substitute it stops them rattling for days on end if they take one of the modified release tabs apparently.

1 minute ago, GCC75 said:

Thats whay they go for in the South West UK.....not a substitute it stops them rattling for days on end if they take one of the modified release tabs apparently.

No chance a tramadol would stop an addict from rattling for days on end, especially a slow release. They have to take their methadone daily, which is tailor made for the job. 

It gets used much like DF118's were before, helps take the edge off, but no way would it hold someone who has a full blown habit.  

In London they go for about 50p, same as morphine tablets. Possibly more dependent on the strength. 

They maybe buy/take them for the buzz where you are from if they haven't got a habit, or as a last resort if they do and no gear. 

1 hour ago, Irish boy said:

No chance a tramadol would stop an addict from rattling for days on end, especially a slow release. They have to take their methadone daily, which is tailor made for the job. 

It gets used much like DF118's were before, helps take the edge off, but no way would it hold someone who has a full blown habit.  

In London they go for about 50p, same as morphine tablets. Possibly more dependent on the strength. 

They maybe buy/take them for the buzz where you are from if they haven't got a habit, or as a last resort if they do and no gear. 

yes i did mean daily tab of slow release, not one to last days on end am only repeating what I read of down here am no expert first to admit

3 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Kill the scum 

Thankfully the USA is showing us the way with Big Phama getting people hooked on opioids that taxes are paid on and large profits made.

• Thumbs up 1

OK here's the go with Tramadol, something I didn't know until a pain conference last year when an Egyptian guy brought it up. This I know, Tramadol is a very weal opiate, working on the mu receptors, unlike morphine etc which work on the Kappa and Delta receptors, having a greater effect. It also works as  Noradrenaline and Serotonin uptake inhibitor, the main method of pain control in most populations. However Egyptians and some other nearby populations are ultra metabolizers of Tramadol down the mu opiod route, meaning the opioid component hits them faster and together as opposed to say Asians or Europeans who would have a slower reaction. The result is that I can take 200-400mg Tramadol, get no buzz but get pain relief, but an Egyptian will be off his head.

If you don't believe me, look it up.

Bringing that much Tramadol into the country was for 1 reason only, and it was not pain relief. 

A ;little knowledge makes many things clearer. 

8 minutes ago, cbk said:

OK here's the go with Tramadol, something I didn't know until a pain conference last year when an Egyptian guy brought it up. This I know, Tramadol is a very weal opiate, working on the mu receptors, unlike morphine etc which work on the Kappa and Delta receptors, having a greater effect. It also works as  Noradrenaline and Serotonin uptake inhibitor, the main method of pain control in most populations. However Egyptians and some other nearby populations are ultra metabolizers of Tramadol down the mu opiod route, meaning the opioid component hits them faster and together as opposed to say Asians or Europeans who would have a slower reaction. The result is that I can take 200-400mg Tramadol, get no buzz but get pain relief, but an Egyptian will be off his head.

If you don't believe me, look it up.

Bringing that much Tramadol into the country was for 1 reason only, and it was not pain relief. 

A ;little knowledge makes many things clearer. 

I can believe all you say.

I was prescribed Tramadol many years back but I had a really bad reaction to it, it was psychedelic man!

However in small doses it worked ok if given with paracetamol.  Must admit for pain Tylenol works for me but I see why many take Tramadol in lieu of other drugs availability.

3 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I can believe all you say.

I was prescribed Tramadol many years back but I had a really bad reaction to it, it was psychedelic man!

However in small doses it worked ok if given with paracetamol.  Must admit for pain Tylenol works for me but I see why many take Tramadol in lieu of other drugs availability.

The genetics of drug metabolism is a fascinating thing, and funnily enough the Thais are leading the way. For their chronic pain patients they are now doing a DNA profile on their drug metabolising enzymes, of which there are hundreds. For most people your common or garden paracetamol and anti inflamatory work the best because they don't rely upon receptors and all that shit. They act where the pain is, against substance P and the inflammatory response. of course for neuropathic pain they are as useless as Parky on a forum.