Latest News
  • *** POODLE . word of the day . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Thailand rushes to contain rabies outbreak

Dogs are only good for two things in this world. One is hunting and the other is security.

Best way to solve this problem is to put a bounty of 100 baht on a dead dog.  Problem would be sorted out in a week.

3 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Dogs are only good for two things in this world. One is hunting and the other is security.

Best way to solve this problem is to put a bounty of 100 baht on a dead dog.  Problem would be sorted out in a week.

Welcome back.

2 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Dogs are only good for two three things in this world. One is hunting and the other is security and restauration

Agreed with second phrase.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:42 PM, tommy dee said:

UK and hawaii are, i think, only countries not to have it.  be working on this for the radio this and last week, its pretty scary.  the biggest issues the feral, soi animals.  99% of all rabies comes via dogs, except in the US where it more from bats ( i know) cos they have a good dog immunisation law there so bats seem to have moved in.  they reckon thst only people working with animals other than their pets need immunisation..  erm thats as far as I am right now, more or less.  plus we have the gate to the tin shack firmly shut  to keep the buggers out

ireland too

Just now, bigstuy said:

ireland too

You mean Ireland is a country like Hawaii?

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

only way it can work is if all street dogs are eradicated.  its not a court, waiting to see who did it... in the west no dogs are alowed to roam which is why you are safe to walk the streets there, apart from the yobbos and muggers of course.

i am a do lover, adore them, but here its a nightmare...and if the numbers increase, of rabies, somethign will have to be done.  

In the 70's was based (Navy) in Tahiti (Papeete) .  At night roaming street dogs were a nightmare and of course people were bitten now and then. Army personal amongst the victims (yeah, yeah, pissed in the streets at 03.00 am...)

Till the authorities decided to "clean up" .  Army in charge.  Problem solved in a few weeks.

But in those days no CNN, or all PC madness....

Good thing, those colonies ! 

And no, they did not use M16's ! 

23 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

germany was full of warnings in parks and countryside.. Tollwut gefahr.. warning.. rabies..  europe is rife with it

Germany has been free of rabies in dogs and other non flying animals for ten years. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, France, Portugal, Finland, Spain, Malta, Latvia, Estonia, Iceland, Cyprus, Italy, Greece and the Czech Republic are all deemed to be free of rabies.

4 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Welcome back.

Agreed great to see you back 😎

8 hours ago, matthewh said:

im very sorry for the dogs that are obviously going to be culled.i do love dogs.sureley it should be a case of bite first.?

Don't think they are culling dogs nationwide although there are packs of dogs on some of my walks that need erasing.

I wouldn't want my daughter bitten by a dog and then it gets vaccinated.

Human beings first.

Anybody with dogs as pets is responsible for their upkeep and i expect they have already taken the necessary action for their dog's health and that of their loved ones.

• Like 1

I had the full treatment from Pattaya memorial from a dog bite and it’s painful and expensive. In total it’s about 10 or more injections over a month. And about 15K

4 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

I had the full treatment from Pattaya memorial from a dog bite and it’s painful and expensive. In total it’s about 10 or more injections over a month. And about 15K

Maybe the treatment for a bite is more comprehensive (includes other medicines) than the vaccination that is given against rabies.

My wee one had 2 vaccinations over a 3 month period.  It was expensive but about one quarter of your bill (thankfully).

Peace of mind costs.

Sorry you got a bite, not nice.

6 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Maybe the treatment for a bite is more comprehensive (includes other medicines) than the vaccination that is given against rabies.

My wee one had 2 vaccinations over a 3 month period.  It was expensive but about one quarter of your bill (thankfully).

Peace of mind costs.

Even if one has had the vaccination you need more injections if bit by an infected animal.

Considering the death rate of rabies is 99.9% it's hard to put a price on it.

It's unfortunate but all soi dogs need to be rounded up and put to death. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

Its common practise poisoning dogs in some areas. Not nice, but they really area menace according to some mates who live just outside Pattaya. 

On 22/03/2018 at 1:35 AM, The Tongue said:

Peace of mind costs.

How long do the vaccinations last?

1 hour ago, Rob Jones said:

Not sure. It was two course but would think that it does have a 'best before' date.

I will need to check.

2 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

I had to get the vaccinations as a requirement for my job location . It was 4 injections over a period of about 6 weeks, need to have a booster again in 5 or 10 years ( can’t remember which).

I believe if you get bitten, even after vaccinations, you still need more injections.

On 24/03/2018 at 1:08 AM, scotty said:

I had to get the vaccinations as a requirement for my job location . It was 4 injections over a period of about 6 weeks, need to have a booster again in 5 or 10 years ( can’t remember which).

I believe if you get bitten, even after vaccinations, you still need more injections.

Yep, after my course of injections, I asked was I protected and they said, not for long.