Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Happy Falang

Pound to the baht

14 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Yes you can, you can buy baht........lol

thats true and you always get it at what its worth .

so no matter when or how much its always a fare exchange .

1 minute ago, mulphy said:

thats true and you always get it at what its worth .

so no matter when or how much its always a fare exchange .

I feel we have been here before lol

• Haha 1

Must be due an interest hike soon in the UK. Cheap borrowing is a good bet here against rising house prices at the moment.

@mulphy

25 pounds @ 30 one bottle is 100 so he buys 7 bottles in your bar and spends 700 baht and tips 50 baht..

25 pounds @ 40 one bottle is 100 so he buys 10 bottles in your bar and spends 1000 baht.

25 pounds @ 50 one bottle is 100 so he buys 12 bottles in your bar and spends 1200 baht and tips 50 baht..

Your saying your not better off...

if it dropped to 30 baht pattaya would be on its arse .. and it would not just be the pound, all the other counties too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john42 said:

Must be due an interest hike soon in the UK. Cheap borrowing is a good bet here against rising house prices at the moment.

Must be due 😂😂

The Bank of England have said one in the next few months , it’s curently .25% end of year will be .75% , indexed linked bonds from NSI paying 2.8% this year ... 

Its been a great 10 years for borrowers 😎

I think it’s It’s political John , house price inflation has eased any increase in the last year has been due to lack of stock ..

The fiscal position of the UK is poor , underlined with the growing debt resulting in the loss of the triple AAA rating .. 

Its a basket case putting it bluntly .. I can’t see it getting better , we are sinking in debt as a country... 

Edited by Parky

2 hours ago, thai spice said:

Well, when sending  money back to the UK for instance ?

Yes you bought a place here at 56 sell it and send money back at 45 ... 😎

You nicked a few quid 💷 

On 23/03/2018 at 11:31 AM, Paul Chonburi said:

Anyone any ideas why $ is down against the baht but still holding up against the Philippine peso ?

That’s the same as the Vietnam 🇻🇳 Dong 28000 last year 31500 this year ..

I really think the Thais learnt from the 90s crash , no idea what they are doing but you have to admire them .. 

Was 56 two years ago , now 44 they are get 20% more foreign currency 💴 

Whilst Sammy Send up has to send 20% more 😂🙏🏼😎

12 minutes ago, Parky said:

Must be due 😂😂

The Bank of England have said one in the next few months , it’s curently .25% end of year will be .75% , indexed linked bonds from NSI paying 2.8% this year ... 

Its been a great 10 years for borrowers 😎

I think it’s It’s political John , house price inflation has eased any increase in the last year has been due to lack of stock ..

The fiscal position of the UK is poor , underlined with the growing debt resulting in the loss of the triple AAA rating .. 

Its a basket case putting it bluntly .. I can’t see it getting better , we are sinking in debt as a country... 

It has been yea, I got a  5 year fixed rate deal starting next month for 1.8% interest, I've already paid off near 10 years of a 20 year mortgage, all cheap rates compared to what it used to be. 

6 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

It has been yea, I got a  5 year fixed rate deal starting next month for 1.8% interest, I've already paid off near 10 years of a 20 year mortgage, all cheap rates compared to what it used to be. 

Been a racket mate .. I have a couple of base rate trackers .. Been offered £3000 to get another mortgage 🤣🤣

Sorry mate I can count .. pay .25% less tax relief , get 2.8% tax free in indexed linked bonds 🤣🤣🤣

Feel sorry for UK 🇬🇧 but they allowed this racket .. 4% yield .. 0.25% interest 🙏🏼🇬🇧🇬🇧

I feel a 1.8% fix is a good deal now , they won’t ever give base rate trackers flat again they are all a few points plus rate .. 

Mind I remember 87 .. 15% at one stage I think 🤔 

13 minutes ago, Parky said:

Been a racket mate .. I have a couple of base rate trackers .. Been offered £3000 to get another mortgage 🤣🤣

Sorry mate I can count .. pay .25% less tax relief , get 2.8% tax free in indexed linked bonds 🤣🤣🤣

Feel sorry for UK 🇬🇧 but they allowed this racket .. 4% yield .. 0.25% interest 🙏🏼🇬🇧🇬🇧

I feel a 1.8% fix is a good deal now , they won’t ever give base rate trackers flat again they are all a few points plus rate .. 

Mind I remember 87 .. 15% at one stage I think 🤔 

I was paying that 15 pc rate

3 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I was paying that 15 pc rate

Yes mate we all were , crazy times house prices were going up £1000 a week .. then the rate rise killed the market 1988 lost 30% in value ... market was dead for 5 years ... people putting keys in banks doors 🚪 

45 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

If you're paying an identical.fix amount over the whole period, thanks to inflation you feel like you're paying back less and less...

• Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, thai spice said:

If you're paying an identical.fix amount over the whole period, thanks to inflation you feel like you're paying back less and less...

You are paying less .. inflation erodes debt ..as long as you can service the debt .. 

This time next year Rodney 🤣🙏🏼

2 hours ago, lanzalad said:

@mulphy

25 pounds @ 30 one bottle is 100 so he buys 7 bottles in your bar and spends 700 baht and tips 50 baht..

25 pounds @ 40 one bottle is 100 so he buys 10 bottles in your bar and spends 1000 baht.

25 pounds @ 50 one bottle is 100 so he buys 12 bottles in your bar and spends 1200 baht and tips 50 baht..

Your saying your not better off...

if it dropped to 30 baht pattaya would be on its arse .. and it would not just be the pound, all the other counties too.

oh yes im putting my prices up to 100 b .

my view has always been if a person cant afford to come then dont come .

only baht is spent in thailand no matter where you earn your money .

on your second point it may not effect any other currency other than the pound , it does not necessarily mean every currency goes down when the pound does .

3 hours ago, mulphy said:

oh yes im putting my prices up to 100 b .

my view has always been if a person cant afford to come then dont come .

only baht is spent in thailand no matter where you earn your money .

on your second point it may not effect any other currency other than the pound , it does not necessarily mean every currency goes down when the pound does .

its was meant that as the baht gets stronger against other currencies and just the pound.

10 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

its was meant that as the baht gets stronger against other currencies and just the pound.

i dont think the baht is doing anything to get stronger , its the pound that is doing badly .

in our time in thailand was always going to see the baht strengthen naturally because it was recovering from a crash .

its almost there now at its natural rate but the pound is still about 4 b to the good at the moment .

5 minutes ago, mulphy said:

i dont think the baht is doing anything to get stronger , its the pound that is doing badly .

in our time in thailand was always going to see the baht strengthen naturally because it was recovering from a crash .

its almost there now at its natural rate but the pound is still about 4 b to the good at the moment .

Well, you predicted LKM being the next Walking Street, so who knows, your fiscal knowledge could also be on point.

At the end of the day people will vote with their feet what they are willing or unwilling to pay.

Edited by Al McReady

35 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

At the end of the day people will vote with their feet what they are willing or unwilling to pay.

Indeed, it's all relative to what the person views as value for money, or what they are used to.

When I first start coming it was about 69 Baht to the £.

So it's much more expensive for me now. That's relative to me, but then it's me who decides what I am willing to pay with the exchange rate. 

What It was before I started coming doesn't concern me, only what is relative to me.

• Thumbs up 2

1 hour ago, Irish boy said:

Indeed, it's all relative to what the person views as value for money, or what they are used to.

When I first start coming it was about 69 Baht to the £.

So it's much more expensive for me now. That's relative to me, but then it's me who decides what I am willing to pay with the exchange rate. 

What It was before I started coming doesn't concern me, only what is relative to me.

the rate doesn't bother me as im on holiday,the climate is free.if I had too I could do it on a shoestring and still enjoy it.that wont happen but I could.

7 minutes ago, matthewh said:

the rate doesn't bother me as im on holiday,the climate is free.if I had too I could do it on a shoestring and still enjoy it.that wont happen but I could.

Matters to me lol, I don't earn that much.

:)

Just now, davethailand said:

Matters to me lol, I don't earn that much.

but in a UK winter.where would you rather be.?

5 minutes ago, matthewh said:

but in a UK winter.where would you rather be.?

Abroad of course, not sure if it would be Thailand this year though.

To be honest if the baht got really bad it would stop me from going.

Last years trip was funded from Thailand so the rate didn't bother us.

Edited by davethailand
  • Like 1

Irish Boy .. looking like a nick for you 

💰

035EC16D-B956-421C-AE36-92A68762F1B6.jpeg

• Thumbs up 1

50 minutes ago, Parky said:

Irish Boy .. looking like a nick for you 

💰

035EC16D-B956-421C-AE36-92A68762F1B6.jpeg

Daily mail lol