Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Irish boy

Thai Air

Gentlemen of Pattaya Live,

I'm aware the Thai Air flights from the UK changed planes a while a go to a newer/better model, but then I read somewhere recently they have reverted back to the previous ones. I don't mean the ones with no 'tv' in the seat, I mean the previous ones to the very recent upgrade, if that makes sense :wacko:

Anyone flew with them recently, do they still fly the newer planes they changed too, on both UK daily departures/returns, or any up to date info?

Toying with flying with them as the night flight on coming back would now suit us, as the child would sleep a fair bit of it, as opposed to EVA's 1.20pm slot on return, when very little sleep was had by her in January, and 13 hours with a curious, awake toddler was not overly unpleasant, but a few hours sleep break would've been nice :)

I've always preferred EVA, as well as nearly always cheaper, but if it was the new Thai planes, that would probably swing it for me, and i'd book on their next flash sale. 

Khob Khun Krab

Last month mate, still as good as ever it was the A380. I haven’t been EVA for a few years now, I always thought they were fine but Thai are better now that EVA were back then. I’d probably pay a bit more for Thai than I would EVA....

• Thumbs up 1

ive never had a bad flight with thai and the food is nice.flew on the a380 last time and it was good.

12 minutes ago, matthewh said:

ive never had a bad flight with thai and the food is nice.flew on the a380 last time and it was good.

Matty, with all due respect, your previous recommendation had me eating the worst Indian meal I've ever had, a boil in the bag Tesco's number would have been nicer :laugh:

Joking!  But seriously mate, yea thanks, was hoping it was still the newer planes, i'll probably book next flash sale.

Not sure where I read they were back using the older planes. 

2 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

Matty, with all due respect, your previous recommendation had me eating the worst Indian meal I've ever had, a boil in the bag Tesco's number would have been nicer :laugh:

Joking!  But seriously mate, yea thanks, was hoping it was still the newer planes, i'll probably book next flash sale.

sorry about the indian,it was good when we went,but haven't been for abit.this was discussed on another thread recently,that its hard to find an indian of UK standard.i didn't know they were back using old planes.i will have a look.

Edited by matthewh

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

sorry about the indian,it was good when we went,but haven't been for abit.this was discussed on another thread recently,that its hard to find an indian of UK standard.i didn't know they were back using old planes.i will have a look.

I'm joking Matty, don't sweat it. Yea, maybe new staff, Esco, TA  or someone also posted it had been good, not now not so :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

I'm joking Matty, don't sweat it. Yea, maybe new staff, Esco, TA  or someone also posted it had been good, not now not so :)

that will save me some dosh next time.parky knows a good one.nature something.will try that.

4 minutes ago, matthewh said:

that will save me some dosh next time.parky knows a good one.nature something.will try that.

Yea, it's got good reviews.

A little bit out of where we were staying on 2nd Road, more difficult with the buggy, or would've stayed there as well. 

Wife's in the kitchen cooking a beef penang for later :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

ok I went on their website and made out I was booking 1st may till the 16th.it was an a380 out and a 777 back,so I guess you just need to play around.suprised at the price 574.

ok I went on their website and made out I was booking 1st may till the 16th.it was an a380 out and a 777 back,so I guess you just need to play around.suprised at the price 574.

Yea, think that was what I was reading, the 777.

In the flash sales they're about £500. There was one about a month ago for 24 hours, but didn't go as far as the dates I want, Jan 19. Next one will. I 'badger' them on the Thai Facebook page, try to cajole them into a bargain :laugh:

• Like 1

Are they using the 777?

IMO this is a good plane was always comfortable with Emirates using these.

5 minutes ago, john42 said:

Are they using the 777?

IMO this is a good plane was always comfortable with Emirates using these.

yes ive flown on evas and no complaints.i do prefer the a380 though.

Just arrived into UK on the Thai A380.

That was the 1240 leaving Bangkok and presumably the late evening flight back. (Today though it will go a little late as my inbound was 75 mins late).

Interesting if they have reverted back to the 777 as in December the other equipment was the new A350.

Edited by The Tongue

11 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Just arrived into UK on the Thai A380.

That was the 1240 leaving Bangkok and presumably the late evening flight back. (Today though it will go a little late as my inbound was 75 mins late).

Interesting if they have reverted back to the 777 as in December the other equipment was the new A350.

Welcome to the UK  ;)

• Like 1

In Feb i flew business class with Finnair on the A350 .  On the way back They told me that they had over booked Business class because they had changed the plane.  

She explained that they had booked me on Thai Airways which left an hour later but got me into London 3 hours earlier. It was the A380, but not as good as Etihad, Qatar or Emirates as no bar on-board. The upper level at the back was economy seats

3 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

In Feb i flew business class with Finnair on the A350 .  On the way back They told me that they had over booked Business class because they had changed the plane.  

She explained that they had booked me on Thai Airways which left an hour later but got me into London 3 hours earlier. It was the A380, but not as good as Etihad, Qatar or Emirates as no bar on-board. The upper level at the back was economy seats

Business on the TG 380 is decent enough.

Royal First is awesome only been once Tokyo to Bangkok

10 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

I thought on the A380's the upper deck was all bizz class 

3 minutes ago, Cat Crumpet said:

I thought on the A380's the upper deck was all bizz class 

First is in the front upper deck and some scum class in the back. 

• Thumbs up 1

5 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

First is in the front upper deck and some scum class in the back. 

But obviously no access to the bar for the unwashed 

Flew with them on Sunday from Lhr, still the A380

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

19 minutes ago, cbk said:

Flew with them on Sunday from Lhr, still the A380

I fly 9th may but c*nt class 

TG910/911 is currently a 777 and TG916/917 (the late evening departure from LHR) an A380.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg917

Although this is temporary and should swap from the 19th April according to this:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277595/thai-airways-international-marapr-2018-a380-service-changes/

I wouldn't rely on a particular aircraft type as an A350 was also supposed to be used at some points.

9 minutes ago, kwa said:

TG910/911 is currently a 777 and TG916/917 (the late evening departure from LHR) an A380.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg917

Although this is temporary and should swap from the 19th April according to this:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277595/thai-airways-international-marapr-2018-a380-service-changes/

I wouldn't rely on a particular aircraft type as an A350 was also supposed to be used at some points.

Cheers, i'm just waiting on the next flash sale to book, hoping it will be maybe Songkran, they did last year.

Just have to check what the actual plane is before I book, want the night flight both going and coming back. 

Though as you say, wouldn't rely on it ...

so have they stopped using the 747s.?,LHR to BKK;)

Thai airways retired all 747 planes