Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Buying a laptop up in the jungle

Our youngest boy needs a laptop for his college work and in case anything goes wrong with it I'd best buy it in Chaiyaphum where he's studying. It's not a big city so there's no powerbuy or banana IT like stores. I imagine that the large Tesco Lotus, Makro and Big C will be my choices. Anyone have a clue as to which one would be best, as in fair price and reasonable selection. Bear in mind that this is going to eat up valuable drinking time.

4 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Our youngest boy needs a laptop for his college work and in case anything goes wrong with it I'd best buy it in Chaiyaphum where he's studying. It's not a big city so there's no powerbuy or banana IT like stores. I imagine that the large Tesco Lotus, Makro and Big C will be my choices. Anyone have a clue as to which one would be best, as in fair price and reasonable selection. Bear in mind that this is going to eat up valuable drinking time.

In the NBZ it would be Makro, but Rinser has a mate who fixes our electronics and will be bringing by a Yamaha amp next week he just repaired after a gecko decided to commit ritual suicide via electrocution and fried its power supply.

If you can wait until then, and list performance specs of a machine you want I am pretty sure he can get one for you through his Khon Kaen electronics contacts cheaper than you can buy it yourself.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I would always suggest Big C mate... 

Also all the IT place offer a Laptop with out an O/S which you may need to pay more for or they install copies..

At least with Big C you have somewhere to talk in and sort it out if you have any problems and windows may be pre installed

• Thumbs up 2

Big C and Makro are next to each other so that's a plus.

Thanks for your kind offer VPI but probably will buy in Chaiyaphum so he can sort out any problems easily.

• Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, Smiler said:

Mate I would get one from UK.

Not going to have a Thai keyboard though.

• Thumbs up 1

9 minutes ago, Smiler said:

6 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Yes that is the problem. Previously I've brought laptops from Europe and the USA when I have had time to research obtaining keys with the Thai script on them. I know that you can get stickers to put on the keys but I'm not keen on that. Plus again in case anything goes wrong buying locally just seems easier.

Cheers for your input though.

Edited by thinkingallowed

I have a plug in Thai Keyboard spare . Have two of them, so  if anyone is interested can have it free 

• Thumbs up 1

I’d go legit so you have a decent warranty. 

In terms of ‘what would be best’ it’s like me saying to you that I need a car. Need specifics in order to tailor it to his needs. University work? Games? Developing etc?

41 minutes ago, Smiler said:

39 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Exactly. And if it is for school, thats a must.

14 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

I’d go legit so you have a decent warranty. 

In terms of ‘what would be best’ it’s like me saying to you that I need a car. Need specifics in order to tailor it to his needs. University work? Games? Developing etc?

He's just doing a course in electronics at a Technical college  so an abacus probably has enough processing power. I'll probably spend 20000/25000 on it though make it the same I spent on his brothers. Discount any names I've never heard of see what looks like the best specs for the money and do a quick Google of reviews of the best choices. Then hit the pub.

• Thumbs up 1