Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
dcfc2007

Top 5 British derbies for rivalry

3 hours ago, cheetzie said:

Celtic V Rangers is by far the biggest

Man Utd V Man City: been to a few over the years  and huge rivalry is unquestionable

Liverpool v Everton

Arsenal V Spurs

Aston Villa V Birmingham City

i think the man city v man utd derby has only been hyped a bit recently because of cities money and success but its still not up there as a derby .

liverpool v everton tame affair .

birmingham v villa yes its got a bite .

arsenal v spurs has a nip as well .

Liverpool v Everton is not a rivalry, it has a friendly element to it. No hatred there.

Arsenal and the Jewish kicks off a bit and the players get stuck in. 

7 minutes ago, john42 said:

City vs Rovers ( Bristol ) Sheer hatred.

Does the firm wear ski gloves?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

Does the firm wear ski gloves?

Cycling gloves if it’s August game...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mulphy said:

i think the man city v man utd derby has only been hyped a bit recently because of cities money and success but its still not up there as a derby .

Away fans were banned from attending the tyne-wear derbies in the early 90's. Newcastle took over a 1000 fans to the stadium of shite to watch their u21's play Sunderland u21's. That's rivalry. It's not as intense as the old firm but streets above the 'moneychester' derby.

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Away fans were banned from attending the tyne-wear derbies in the early 90's. Newcastle took over a 1000 fans to the stadium of shite to watch their u21's play Sunderland u21's. That's rivalry. It's not as intense as the old firm but streets above the 'moneychester' derby.

I would say the biggest game in England in United v Liverpool.... not a derby but massive ...

1 minute ago, Parky said:

I would say the biggest game in England in United v Liverpool.... not a derby but massive ...

You are probably right in that it's the biggest game. However the rivalry still doesn't match the tyne-wear derby. Man united and Leeds is another big one.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Man united and Leeds is another big one.

Yep that goes back a long way.

Altogether now:

We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and etc etc

Miss you wiggy if you read this :)

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

the first sevco v celtic reserve game under greame souness had 50,000 in attendance .

26 minutes ago, mulphy said:

the first sevco v celtic reserve game under greame souness had 50,000 in attendance .

Wasn't Sevco as their only six years old.

6 minutes ago, Murchie said:

you are right but i cant bring myself to say the R word .

39 minutes ago, mulphy said:

9 minutes ago, Murchie said:

15282065506950.jpg

I'll bring ye both this wee beauty next time I'm over.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

15282065506950.jpg

I'll bring ye both this wee beauty next time I'm over.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

yes please , ive nothing left to burn currently .

• Haha 1

Just now, mulphy said:

yes please , ive nothing left to burn currently .

Hasn't been confirmed that it's their new away kit yet but I'm sure it will be.

Glasgow Brexit FC

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Hasn't been confirmed that it's their new away kit yet but I'm sure it will be.

Glasgow Brexit FC

Knock offs already on sale in Turkey.

Feel free to take two of these over, rumoured to be Celtics new away kit.

Screenshot_20180605-171740_Chrome.jpg

14 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Knock offs already on sale in Turkey.

Feel free to take two of these over, rumoured to be Celtics new away kit.

Screenshot_20180605-171740_Chrome.jpg

Footy Headlines seldom get it wrong.

A wee bit plain but the badge is nice.

16 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Footy Headlines seldom get it wrong.

A wee bit plain but the badge is nice.

thats a modern day adaption of the first ever celtic strip in 1888 which featured that badge .

2 minutes ago, mulphy said:

thats a modern day adaption of the first ever celtic strip in 1888 which featured that badge .

I'm sure I've seen some older Celtic strips with different variations of the Celtic cross.

23 hours ago, mulphy said:

Thanks, to some extent I agree.

Technically, as I'm sure you are aware a derby can only be one where the teams are from the same city or region so United V City is without a doubt a true derby with deep rooted rivalries. Clearly,  there can be both friendly and unfriendly rivalries but I can tell you from my own personal experiences from as early back as the early 1970s that the United V City matches back then were certainly not tame affairs however they were not extremely nasty affairs either. Back in the early 1970s, when I used to wear my red united top in the street as a kid knocking a football against a wall or with my best mate in south Manchester, I regularly had scraps (fights) and lost most, thrown stones at and chased by same aged city fans who lived in my neighbourhood but I refused to take my Bobby Charlton red devils retro cotton shirt off; it was all part of growing up and I Ioved it. If I had worn any other 1st division (premier league wasn't around back then) team's colours there would have been no problem - even Leeds or Liverpool for that matter.  Trouble before and after the Utd V City games did happen but it was no where near as bad as when Leeds United came to Old Trafford.  United V Liverpool was also another team that had a bad reputation for trouble and so was Chelsea.

As for Liverpool V Everton this used to be called the 'friendly derby' and still is in many people's books because so many families have supporters in both camps. People argue that some supporters have followed either Liverpool or Everton due to religious reasons because Liverpool had historical links to the protestant Orangemen and Everton to the Catholic religion. In terms of rivalry on the field this long running derby has produced more red cards than any other match since the start of the premier league. Another reason for the rivalry has been that these 2 clubs are situated so close in proximity to each other. Interestingly,  Everton originally played at Anfield before they moved (not sure why) to Goodison park and Liverpool were then formed many moons ago when they left. Over the last few years the rivalry has definitely become more intense between these 2 clubs.

I've never been to a Rangers V Celtic derby but have been a few times to a pro-Celtic pub when that derby was live on TV and the atmosphere was always nothing short than potent and like no other football rivalry I have ever witnessed. 

I guess it all depends on what we mean rivalry. I think these great derby rivalries will continue on especially Celtic V Rangers as they are just too deep rooted in us for many different reasons.

Edited by cheetzie

6 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

Thanks, to some extent I agree.

Technically, as I'm sure you are aware a derby can only be one where the teams are from the same city or region so United V City is without a doubt a true derby with deep rooted rivalries. Clearly,  there can be both friendly and unfriendly rivalries but I can tell you from my own personal experiences from as early back as the early 1970s that the United V City matches back in the were certainly not tame affairs but were not extremely nasty affairs either. Back in the early 1970s, when I used to wear my red united top in the street as a kid knocking a football against a wall or with my best mate in south Manchester, I was regularly had scraps (fights), thrown stones at and chased by same aged city fans who lived in my neighbourhood but I refused to take my Bobby Charlton red devils retro cotton shirt off; it was all part of growing up and I Ioved it. If I had worn any other 1st division (premier league wasn't around back then) team's colours there would have been no problem - even Leeds or Liverpool for that matter.  Trouble before and after the Utd V City games did happen but it was no where near as bad as when Leeds United came to Old Trafford.  United V Liverpool was also another team that had a bad reputation for trouble and so was Chelsea.

As for Liverpool V Everton this used to be called the 'friendly derby' and still is in many people's books because so many families have supporters in both camps. People argue that some supporters have followed either Liverpool or Everton due to religious reasons because Liverpool had historical links to the protestant Orangemen and Everton to the Catholic religion. In terms of rivalry on the field this long running derby has produced more red cards than any other match since the start of the premier league. Another reason for the rivalry has been that these 2 clubs are situated so close in proximity to each other. Interestingly,  Everton originally played at Anfield before they moved (not sure why) to Goodison park and Liverpool were then formed many moons ago when they left. Over the last few years the rivalry has definitely become more intense between these 2 clubs.

I've never been to a Rangers V Celtic derby but have been a few times to a pro-Celtic pub a few times when that derby was live on TV and the atmosphere was nothing short than potent and like no other football rivalry I have ever witnessed. 

I guess it all depends on what we mean rivalry. I think these great derby rivalries will continue on especially Celtic V Rangers as they are just too deep rooted in us for many different reasons.

celtic v the team formerly known as rangers cant continue because the team formerly known as rangers went in to administration and were subsequently liquidated in 2012 .

they were replaced in the scottish football league by a team known as sevco 2012 who play under the name THE RANGERS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB and who as a new club had to start in the bottom rung of scottish football .

they no longer exist .

sevco see celtic as a intense rival but celtic see sevco as a 6 year old club who have never won a major trophy and who are currently no threat to us .

no more important to celtic than albion rovers or stenhousemuir .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mulphy said:

celtic v the team formerly known as rangers cant continue because the team formerly known as rangers went in to administration and were subsequently liquidated in 2012 .

they were replaced in the scottish football league by a team known as sevco 2012 who play under the name THE RANGERS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB and who as a new club had to start in the bottom rung of scottish football .

they no longer exist .

sevco see celtic as a intense rival but celtic see sevco as a 6 year old club who have never won a major trophy and who are currently no threat to us .

no more important to celtic than albion rovers or stenhousemuir .

Oh yeah - I forgot about that. Wonder what Rangers fans think about that.

13 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

Oh yeah - I forgot about that. Wonder what Rangers fans think about that.

i can tell you .

they will tell you that its the same club , but as ive just explained to you the circumstances its impossible for the 2 clubs to be the same .

sevco fans are the most deluded fans in the whole footballing world .

• Like 1