Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
dcfc2007

Villa Trouble

Villa have missed a 4m pound deadline set by HMRC and their chief executive has been suspended, serious talk of administration.

The Nigerian football team were so disappointed with their performance that they have said they will personally refund all the expenses of their fans who travelled to support them. All they need to do is send their bank details, sort codes and PIN numbers and they will transfer the money straight to them.

• Haha 2

I struggled with Rangers going bust tax wise, now Villa ... hard to believe such poor management ... that said I know some individuals in bother with it ...

The JT risk never paid off then. I reckon Bruce will walk and they'll need to sell Grealish who is shit anyway.

They spent a lot of money last season in the expectation they would get promoted. Talk now of an American businessman buying them over for 75m.

3 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

The JT risk never paid off then. I reckon Bruce will walk and they'll need to sell Grealish who is shit anyway.

JT was just cashing in ,  you cant blame the players  with so mush cash flying about ..

• Thumbs up 1

31 minutes ago, Parky said:

JT was just cashing in ,  you cant blame the players  with so mush cash flying about ..

What people need to understand about footballers is that they have maybe 15-20 years to earn enough possibly enough money to last a life time. So of course many are going to go where the money is. If you want loyalty then you'd be better off getting a dog.

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

What people need to understand about footballers is that they have maybe 15-20 years to earn enough possibly enough money to last a life time. So of course many are going to go where the money is. If you want loyalty then you'd be better off getting a dog.

Terry was on at least 5 million a year for how many years ?  Even a dummy can I've the rest of their lives on 20 million in bank..Its not to last a lifetime , most invest in businesses .. Mathieu Flamini has done rather well ....

Years ago the pay  was 2 or 3 times average wage, players stopped at 30 in the main .... Gerrard, Lampard , Terry , Henry  now Rooney ....  that last year of 5 million won't alter their lives .. Rooney must be worth 80 million ..

I see it as greed, but who can blame them its hard to turn down ... David Platt signed for Arsenal in 97 he was garbage , he had the decency to tear up the second year of his contract ...

But its not the players fault ....untold riches  make people  act badly ... look at the  Chaser and drink scroungers lol 

16 minutes ago, Parky said:

Terry was on at least 5 million a year for how many years ?  Even a dummy can I've the rest of their lives on 20 million in bank..Its not to last a lifetime , most invest in businesses .. Mathieu Flamini has done rather well ....

Years ago the pay  was 2 or 3 times average wage, players stopped at 30 in the main .... Gerrard, Lampard , Terry , Henry  now Rooney ....  that last year of 5 million won't alter their lives .. Rooney must be worth 80 million ..

I see it as greed, but who can blame them its hard to turn down ... David Platt signed for Arsenal in 97 he was garbage , he had the decency to tear up the second year of his contract ...

But its not the players fault ....untold riches  make people  act badly ... look at the  Chaser and drink scroungers lol 

You can't invest in business if you don't earn the money in the first place. I'm referring more to average run of the mill players, say lower championship and below.

You would be surprised how many ex-players go bankrupt.  Look at Keith Gillespie, eboue, babayaro, john arne-riise. They all went bankrupt.

Yes of course there is an element of greed but to say it's all down to greed would be wrong. They have 20 years to earn mega money, I don't blame them for wanting to earn more, 99% of the population would do the same given then chance.

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You can't invest in business if you don't earn the money in the first place. I'm referring more to average run of the mill players, say lower championship and below.

You would be surprised how many ex-players go bankrupt.  Look at Keith Gillespie, eboue, babayaro, john arne-riise. They all went bankrupt.

Yes of course there is an element of greed but to say it's all down to greed would be wrong. They have 20 years to earn mega money, I don't blame them for wanting to earn more, 99% of the population would do the same given then chance.

The thread isa boy Villa .. hence my  Terry reference   , he just scammed another few million ... as did the above mentioned they get to trade on their name a year or two after , an average run of the mil player can't do that ...

Gillespie went bankrupt as he was a gambler so that  does not count its as easy to game 10 million on  sin as it is £5.00  , and indeed the 'Poxy " lol £8000 a week is not the same as the 100k a week Terry and the rest of the big game players get for their last year .. None of the players you named earnt 10% a week of what Terry and Lampard did at Chelsea  £170k a week ..Lampard went to City then America ... Rooney  is now punting his name about ..

Read Paul Mc Graths book he was at United earning about £400 a week in 83 ... he admitted he caught the end of the big money  circa £8000 a week at Villa..

The thread was about  Villa hence what were Terrys wages as he was on a free !!!  I would wager 4 or 5 million ...On a free they get the value of the "Market  Transfer fee " in wages... Sol Campbell "Who never knew how to play offside  " was on 100k a week in 99 or 2000 whenever he joined Arsenal ... 

Sure who can blame them, but if Villa cant pay the Tax man after paying Terry 4 million they deserve to go pop ...As an aside Terry never had a great year  there, but no one beats age.. He was a great player at Chelseas though ... The closest  thing to Tony Adams  as a centre back ..

One of my mates son in law  play for Bournemouth  12k a week  .. Not always  in team though ...

14 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Villa have missed a 4m pound deadline set by HMRC and their chief executive has been suspended, serious talk of administration.

https://www.birminghammail.co.UK/sport/football/transfer-news/john-terry-net-worth-wages-13220858

There you go 3.64 wages.. Lunacy .. when you owe tax man , the people running club should be shot ...  Self inflicted..

Would their ‘circumstances and practices’ beeb different if they had won at Wembley?

I wish villa well,they have done nothing wrong.its the backroom.we had the same at Cambridge and it was negotiated with the inland revenue.all is good now and goodluck to villa.i hate to see any football team go downwards.

Despise villa.

Horrible fans, would love to see them go bust.

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

Despise villa.

Horrible fans, would love to see them go bust.

ouch,would you like your team to go bust.?

7 minutes ago, matthewh said:

ouch,would you like your team to go bust.?

We didn't gloat when vile went down.

download.jpgBP2374690.pngVilla-fans.jpg

Villa fans celebrated when we got relegated. Difference is newcastle fans don't walk away, 52k every week in the championship, they had to close parts of their stadium,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

42 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I wish villa well,they have done nothing wrong.its the backroom.we had the same at Cambridge and it was negotiated with the inland revenue.all is good now and goodluck to villa.i hate to see any football team go downwards.

Oh yes they have a 4 million tax bill looming , they choose to pay an aging over the hill player 3.67 million... gross incompetence ..

3 minutes ago, Parky said:

Oh yes they have a 4 million tax bill looming , they choose to pay an aging over the hill player 3.67 million... gross incompetence ..

spot on money miss  spent

nothing compared to the money the now defunct rangers still owe to the tax man .

52 million i believe not counting about another 20 million owed by individual players and officials who were illegally payed without tax by the club .