Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Planned Server upgrade & forum down time.

Great a 48 hour break, lovely.   Good on yer Phil, don't know how you manage it all, work, taking care of family and this forum. Kudos.

Guest Madusa

Nice one Phil, will the upgrade remove the pathetic childish behaviour of many of the members ?

Well done Lanza , thanks for all your efforts , not only do you do the work ..

I also doff my cap to the many generous members who slung a pound 💷 note  in , thanks a lot 😎

3 hours ago, Madusa said:

Nice one Phil, will the upgrade remove the pathetic childish behaviour of many of the members ?

no . 

only a team of about 10 mods could do that but none of you have the balls for it .

3 hours ago, Madusa said:

🤩

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mulphy said:

no . 

only a team of about 10 mods could do that but none of you have the balls for it .

You rang m'lord 😎

• Thumbs up 2

I may plan this for next week towards the weekend which works better for me as i'm off work then... 

No one will need to do anything at all the forum domain name and site will go off line and you will NOT see anything at all you may even get 404 page error.

This will happen as the forum will not have a server address until the migration is complete and i assign the old IP and DNS to the new server..

Once this is done your browser will find the forum again as we are not changing the IP or DNS so please be patient.

I will keep you all up to speed on FB

Pattaya-live facebook group

Fingers crossed i'm hoping for an over night turn around....!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

9 hours ago, lanzalad said:

I may plan this for next week towards the weekend which works better for me as i'm off work then... 

No one will need to do anything at all the forum domain name and site will go off line and you will NOT see anything at all you may even get 404 page error.

This will happen as the forum will not have a server address until the migration is complete and i assign the old IP and DNS to the new server..

Once this is done your browser will find the forum again as we are not changing the IP or DNS so please be patient.

Nice one mate. DNS is easily flushed if you wanted to upgrade and hot swap it over. Just change the TTL and you'll be golden.

11 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

Nice one mate. DNS is easily flushed if you wanted to upgrade and hot swap it over. Just change the TTL and you'll be golden.

Yes i tend to keep it simple for every member but there is a lot to do..

The server needs setting up first WHM and then i'm going to do a full import of The old server which will be the whole forum and Cpanel

The uploads media folder cant be imported as its too big and it will take days to move, So i'm zipping it up into months and downloading them from the server right up it last month which don't change and after the import i'll upload them again via FTP.

It will take a few days to get all the media back in place but i hope the forum will be up and working again the next morning.

• Thumbs up 1

If you ever need help on the technical side and I have a minute give me a shout. I know you've got a lot going on.

Thats not the mod joke the above is a genuine offer of technical help.

• Thumbs up 3

3 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

If you ever need help on the technical side and I have a minute give me a shout. I know you've got a lot going on.

Thats not the mod joke the above is a genuine offer of technical help.

Thanks very much i may need some help ... its been a while and i've been checking my notes on apache and php which i do remember now...! fingers crossed..

• Thumbs up 2

1 minute ago, lanzalad said:

Thanks very much i may need some help ... its been a while and i've been checking my notes on apache and php which i do remember now...! fingers crossed..

Feel free to give me a shout anytime.

• Thumbs up 2

Planned for this coming Friday which is the 10th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1