Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Thanksgiving Dinner 2018

Turkey Day in two weeks! For anyone who wants a U.S.-style holiday turkey dinner on Nov. 22, here are some suggestions:

On the left is Chik-n-Coop Bar, on the right is Rich Man, Poor Man in Jomtien:

Coops.jpg..,RMPM.png

Coop's all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving spread tops the value-for-money list, plus the food is delicious and has a genuine homemade taste to it.  It is sold out every year.  If interested, buy your ticket ASAP and get there at 6 p.m. when the dinner kicks off.  With any of the Thanksgiving meals, whether fixed-plate or buffet, you want to be among the first customers.  Roast turkey and the trimmings don't do well in chafing dishes or under warming lights.

sportsman.JPG

The menu at the Sportsman looks great and a glass of homemade eggnog might be enough to tempt me.

And some others:

Dicey.jpg

Smokin Joes BBQ on Soi Lengkee:

smkin.jpg...4368_n.jpg

I know Tigglebitties also has a fixed-plate Thanksgiving dinner, but I haven't seen the details.  Tequila Reef usually has a Thanksgiving buffet, but I haven't seen any adverts for this year.

Evil

htg_sign01.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil

3 hours ago, Al McReady said:

I might pop in to  Coops its been a while.

First time I met Evil was a coops on the 4th of July. You, elway, stargazer, radnyc and I am trying to remember a couple more. Ended up down the soi half a dozen good times.

Elway said he is looking forward to seeing you later this month.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

Tequila Reef is nothing short of a slop kitchen. I’ve had food from there twice and it was God awful. 

I did ThanksGiving once at Tequila Reef, and the turkey was just fluffy shavings, completely tasteless ((     luckily this year i will be in the Philippines and plan to book a turkey meal for a private party, with all the trimmings.

• Thumbs up 1

To our American brothers?

What else would the typical American family get up to on Thanksgiving besides the dinner?

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

What else would the typical American family get up to on Thanksgiving besides the dinner?

Get drunk, talk shit, get into fights, go fishing or deer hunting etc just the normal stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewAmsterdam said:

First time I met Evil was a coops on the 4th of July. You, elway, stargazer, radnyc and I am trying to remember a couple more. Ended up down the soi half a dozen good times.

Elway said he is looking forward to seeing you later this month.

5 hours ago, Al McReady said:

I might pop in to  Coops its been a while.

Am I right in thinking its on second road ? Been there with Bruce , Mike Asia and you ....A band near road  playing ..We all went Bamboo Crawling after one night :) 

Edited by Parky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Chonburi said:

I did ThanksGiving once at Tequila Reef, and the turkey was just fluffy shavings, completely tasteless ((     luckily this year i will be in the Philippines and plan to book a turkey meal for a private party, with all the trimmings.

Good move mate. Every time I walk or drive past I make a point of screaming in the doorway, really don’t like them at all.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

Good move mate. Every time I walk or drive past I make a point of screaming in the doorway, really don’t like them at all.

I wondered what that noise was 😂 Put me off my tacos 🌮 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parky said:

Am I right in thinking its on second road ? Been there with Bruce , Mike Asia and you ....A band near road  playing ..We all went Bamboo Crawling after one night :) 

Yes that's it

14 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

In the morning, 50 million Americans watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on television.  It's the world's biggest parade, with 3.5 million people flooding the streets of Manhattan to watch it live.

iStock_000031269740_Small.jpg

In the afternoon and evening, a lot of people will watch U.S. football on TV or attend local matches.  There's a long tradition of football on Thanksgiving Day.  In many communities, the Christmas season also kicks off on Thanksgiving Day, with a lot of families attending local events.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil