Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Carp Trader

Condo Prices Where Are They Going ?

Guest Carp Trader

I was advised yesterday EIA planning rules need to allow an increase in green space for new condos, in effect a developer can get less build area out of a footprint.?.

I have been looking around as I have had my Gestapo khazi north of 3 years, I recently turned down an offer of 200k more than I paid for it...

Sort of makes the dont buy in Thailand brigade a bit red faced... I would have paid more then 750k in rent...

I would add there are so many different types in build quality, location etc..

Decent ones are expensive and hard to find...

Thonglor has been decent...we bought at 72,000 Per Sq. Meter and the market is now sitting at 105,000 in the same hood. With virtually no inventory of dirt in the area, only one direction for it to go moving forward and that is the continual up, up, and UP!

not sure about condos but normal residiential property generally keeps up with inflation some years more some years a bit less .I brought a place 5 years ago here for $315k ,3 years later the gv is 446k last year it didnt change (thats about 12m bt )

Really don't know about Pattaya I sold my place is Phuket recently. Made a small profit. Could have kept it and rented it out for a reasonable return but can't be bothered. Thinking of buying a condo in BKK this year. See how I feel in a few months time.

I don't know about condo prices nor house prices if im honest .

id love to sell my house right now but to be honest ive no idea of its worth and there is no proper valuation service by surveyors in this country .

I don't think 2nd hand properties sell very well in pattaya were there is so much new build .

I bought the house as a place to live not an investment and I don't think I will ever sell it despite wanting to .

I want to liquidate my assets in Thailand and get out .

Guest Carp Trader

750k for rent? Check your numbers condos are 9000 per month ;)

Depends what condo mate.....some are 45000

Guest Carp Trader

I don't know about condo prices nor house prices if im honest .

id love to sell my house right now but to be honest ive no idea of its worth and there is no proper valuation service by surveyors in this country .

I don't think 2nd hand properties sell very well in pattaya were there is so much new build .

I bought the house as a place to live not an investment and I don't think I will ever sell it despite wanting to .

I want to liquidate my assets in Thailand and get out .

Alex stick it on the market, decent places sell Daves went easy and decent condos move... Rat holes don't... Ask Anto

A BM recently sold his house why can't you?

I guess you are talking about the tongue .

nice house and yes it sold but it wasn't an easy sale nor a quick one .

in any previous house ive had they sold within a few days .

surveyed , put on sale at offers over x amount , offer close on a certain date . sold to the highest bidder over the offers over limit .

you've sold and moved within 6 weeks .

not so Thailand .

Things certainly take longer to move. There isn't a 'proper' valuation system and prices swing high to low for similar properties. When I lived in Lallana condo the Dutch Landlord wanted 1.2 Million for a 42M2 unit. At the Lallana shop similar but empty units could be had for 600K...It's just a free for all and of course banks wont give loans to Foreigners so if you aint got the cash you can't buy. Why things don't sell too quickly.

Guest Carp Trader

Things certainly take longer to move. There isn't a 'proper' valuation system and prices swing high to low for similar properties. When I lived in Lallana condo the Dutch Landlord wanted 1.2 Million for a 42M2 unit. At the Lallana shop similar but empty units could be had for 600K...It's just a free for all and of course banks wont give loans to Foreigners so if you aint got the cash you can't buy. Why things don't sell too quickly.

There is proper valuation system it's called the market, you either have a buy at the price or not....

There is proper valuation system it's called the market, you either have a buy at the price or not....

Actually mate there is a valuation system called the bank. They go out and value before lending on it. My Wife has been enquiring about a Mortgage to buy a unit outright.

Guest Carp Trader

Actually mate there is a valuation system called the bank. They go out and value before lending on it. My Wife has been enquiring about a Mortgage to buy a unit outright.

Not for farnags, there is a farnag price with a name they are 15% more than Thai name as a rough guide....

But it's worth what a person will pay...

I'd be interested in seeing the results of this Richard. If you feel comfirtable to share the info about the process, rates etc in a future thread this would make good reading.

Best of luck

Back on topic, I see a glut of condos for sale in pattaya and some distressed, mainly word of mouth sales. But I think high quality, top location stuff is big bucks.

I have a friend selling his house for 15 m (valued by 2 agents) in jomtien, he paid 11m so he has plenty of room to negotiate if someone wants to try and kick him in the bollocks with a cheeky bid. Personally, I think he'd sell for 10m

I'd be interested in seeing the results of this Richard. If you feel comfirtable to share the info about the process, rates etc in a future thread this would make good reading.

Best of luck

Back on topic, I see a glut of condos for sale in pattaya and some distressed, mainly word of mouth sales. But I think high quality, top location stuff is big bucks.

I have a friend selling his house for 15 m (valued by 2 agents) in jomtien, he paid 11m so he has plenty of room to negotiate if someone wants to try and kick him in the bollocks with a cheeky bid. Personally, I think he'd sell for 10m

how many bedrooms , does it have a pool and spacious garden and whats its location .

i have a friend currently looking in that sort of price bracket .

how many bedrooms , does it have a pool and spacious garden and whats its location .

i have a friend currently looking in that sort of price bracket .

I will PM you my friends number. 3 bed, 2 bath, small pool it's at Palm Oasis

Thonglor has been decent...we bought at 72,000 Per Sq. Meter and the market is now sitting at 105,000 in the same hood. With virtually no inventory of dirt in the area, only one direction for it to go moving forward and that is the continual up, up, and UP!

What condo buildings in Thonglor would you recommend? Two bedroomed perhaps a decent pool and play area?

I will PM you my friends number. 3 bed, 2 bath, small pool it's at Palm Oasis

2 small , need 4 bedrooms and bathrooms .

seems very expensively priced for a 3 bed , 2 bath .

Best of luck

Yes..sure. I'd imagine the bank gets it right or else they wouldn't loan the cash. That's who I'd use if I were buying property, not a farang who invented the price.

Guest Carp Trader

LOL and some are 20 to 25,000 but still give a good return 555

A return is a return, but from what I see decent places are npt dropping there is a lot of Tom Kite on the market...

A return is a return, but from what I see decent places are npt dropping there is a lot of Tom Kite on the market...

I look for four things, location, size, quality and good value. Choose wisely and it should not be difficult to resell.

What condo buildings in Thonglor would you recommend? Two bedroomed perhaps a decent pool and play area?

Depends on if it is for living or rental....we bought as a rental properties. Originally was going to buy big 3 BR places but advisors told us to go small 1 BR and do the fit outs nice. The Japanese and other expat markets aren't sending families here very much anymore, but rather singles. The companies want places where there staff can walk in with a suitcase and walk back out 1 or 2 years later.

Turns out that was very good advice.

Guest Carp Trader

how do condo prices compare between Pattaya and BKK. I know they are different markets lets compare Jomtien and upper sukhumvit on the BTS line up to 10 minutes walk. ???

I would guess Bangkok would be double but there are some condos in Slumtien double the cost per square metre, there are some shit pits here for sure....

Depends on if it is for living or rental....we bought as a rental properties. Originally was going to buy big 3 BR places but advisors told us to go small 1 BR and do the fit outs nice. The Japanese and other expat markets aren't sending families here very much anymore, but rather singles. The companies want places where there staff can walk in with a suitcase and walk back out 1 or 2 years later.

Turns out that was very good advice.

Still looking for somewhere to buy and live. My contract has just been extended for 2 years and it makes no sense to keep paying rental as BKK will be home base for at least the next ten years or so. Requirement is for a 2B unit.

Congratulations on your decision re 1B rental units. With school fees being in the region of THB 500,000 p.a. per child + a one off THB 250,000 entrance fee per child plus all the other costs of family status it is no surprise companies are looking to reduce costs.