Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thechairman18

Pattaya City Hospital

Yesterday morning, I went out onto my balcony, as I have left a towel out overnight to dry.

I shook the towel, and thought I got bitten by some thing.

A couple of hours later, I noticed I had a big red crescent shaped mark on my forearm.

Although I thoght it was too big for a mosquito bite, I put some cream on and, thought no more about it.

This morning the mark is still there, no pain, but my thumb hurts when I try to bend it.

To be on the safe side, I went along to the new

Pattaya City Hospital

Soi Baukhao

Its just past the 18 Coins Restraunt, but on the opposite side.

After completing some personnel details , I was sent to the medical reception desk.

Had my weight , hight, blood pressure checked, past medical history, and present medications etc.

Waited a short while and then was seen by a doctor.

He confessed, he didn't know what I had been bitten by, but prescribed me, some kind of skin lotion, to cleanse the wound.

A 3 day course of anti-allergy tablets.

A 3 day course of cortcosteroids.

To go back after 3 days if not cleared up.

I was sent to the pharmacy, and then the cashier.

100 Baht, Nursing/Doctors fees,

33 Baht, medication, tabltes etc.

Total cost 133 Baht.

Excellent service, and will now consider them instead of the other rip off place.

Guest Mr Pastry

Yesterday morning, I went out onto my balcony, as I have left a towel out overnight to dry.

A couple of hours later, I noticed I had a big red crescent shaped mark on my forearm.

Although I thoght it was too big for a mosquito bite, I put some cream on and, thought no more about it.

This morning the mark is still there, no pain, but my thumb hurts when I try to bend it.

Pattaya City Hospital

Soi Baukhao

After completing some personnel details , I was sent to the medical reception desk.

Had my weight , hight, blood pressure checked, past medical history, and present medications etc.

He confessed, he didn't know what I had been bitten by, but prescribed me, some kind of skin lotion, to cleanse the wound.

Total cost 133 Baht.

Excellent service, and will now consider them instead of the other rip off place.

I visited the same place a few years ago and they were excellent. At the time, I was only charged for a prescription. They should charge more, if anything, but worth going to for minor injuries, and not much of a wait either plus there is parking to the left of the building

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?showtopic=34745&p=703613

Guest Arnold Ziffel

I visited the same place a few years ago and they were excellent. At the time, I was only charged for a prescription. They should charge more, if anything, but worth going to for minor injuries, and not much of a wait either plus there is parking to the left of the building

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?showtopic=34745&p=703613

I thought this place had only just opened up a few months ago

Guest Arnold Ziffel

Pattaya City Hospital

Soi Baukhao

Total cost 133 Baht.

Have you ever thought the "other rip off place" might have diagnosed what actually bit you and given you the correct medication for that particular bite?

You get these hard back largish (an inch+) flying insects seeking warmth in towels overnight, I leave my T shirt out on the balcony to air and give it a shake before I put it on in the mornings. many a time one fell out.

Good prices at the hospital - it looks a nice place, is there parking?

Guest Mr Pastry

Nope its been there for ages. I first went there around 2008 Not sure whether it has changed names but its the same place. I remember posting a thread about the place called free health care and at the time they only charged for the prescription. I was first told about the place by Andy who used to own Le Katai

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php/topic/9998-free-health-centre/?p=173619

Right opposite 18 Coins and Wiggy had never noticed it :fun::fun:

Guest Arnold Ziffel

Nope its been there for ages. I first went there around 2008 Not sure whether it has changed names but its the same place. I remember posting a thread about the place called free health care and at the time they only charged for the prescription. I was first told about the place by Andy who used to own Le Katai

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php/topic/9998-free-health-centre/?p=173619

Right opposite 18 Coins and Wiggy had never noticed it :fun::fun:

I'm almost certain it hasn't been open that long. It definitely was still being built 2 years ago.

Are you sure it's the same place as you refer to it as a health clinic in your thread not as a hospital

the health centre was operating but the hospital was only opened around 8 months ago. they are only doing outpatients at the moment. they have 84 inpatient beds but the in section is not in use yet

Guest Lambik

The new hospital is next to the health center which have been there for ages.

There is a nice area attached , green, trees, plants and parking facilities( between Soi Bukhao and Third Road, where the fire brigade is located ).

It has only just opened brand spanking new...

Edit didn't see the rest of the posts

It's also good for a quick cut through to 3rd road or vice versa in a car or on a bike :)

excellent little hospital , shit doctor , i took my 2 girls there last august as they had some strange red marks all over there body the doctor hadn't a clue what they were started talking to my wife for about 10 minutes so when we got out i said what did he say she said he was talking a load of mumbo jumbo gave us some cream etc , so we went up to tesco sukumvit rd and there was a skin clinic there went in and the lady said ahh and tapped something in google and showed us the piccies it was ringworm (sleeping with the family cat up the jungle) which bob from palmers bar had said it could be , it cost 600 baht with cream from the clinic , i suppose its like anything all the good doctors go to the best paying jobs , the hospital would be ok for minor stuff but for anything more get to a big hospital

so we went up to tesco sukumvit rd and there was a skin clinic there went in and the lady said ahh and tapped something in google and showed us the piccies it was ringworm (sleeping with the family cat up the jungle) which bob from palmers bar had said it could be

Yep youre right mate ring worm can be transmitted by cats also dogs - its not a worm , its a kind of skin fungus and very contagious . Spread easily sharing towels etc. Knowing this its so easy to prevent , just get some multi wormer for the cats / dogs ........wont cost more than a tenner in thailand to do a few animals .

Ive had dozens of cat etc over the years in the boonies and NEVER caught anything - the clue here is worming them ;)

It has only just opened brand spanking new...

Edit didn't see the rest of the posts

It's also good for a quick cut through to 3rd road or vice versa in a car or on a bike :)

That's handy to know, I remember walking through there before the hospital was built.

Cheers

Guest Mr Pastry

The new hospital is next to the health center which have been there for ages.

There is a nice area attached , green, trees, plants and parking facilities( between Soi Bukhao and Third Road, where the fire brigade is located ).

Ahh, my bad, I thought it was the same place. as the clinic.

Pattaya City Hospital

Soi Baukhao

Total cost 133 Baht.

I got a full service, drip for 30 mins of the antibiotics I needed and a prescription to take away, all in all 600b, very clean place all very polite, the same service cost me 5000b in Bkk Pattaya

excellent little hospital , shit doctor , i took my 2 girls there last august as they had some strange red marks all over there body the doctor hadn't a clue what they were started talking to my wife for about 10 minutes so when we got out i said what did he say she said he was talking a load of mumbo jumbo gave us some cream etc , so we went up to tesco sukumvit rd and there was a skin clinic there went in and the lady said ahh and tapped something in google and showed us the piccies it was ringworm (sleeping with the family cat up the jungle) which bob from palmers bar had said it could be , it cost 600 baht with cream from the clinic , i suppose its like anything all the good doctors go to the best paying jobs , the hospital would be ok for minor stuff but for anything more get to a big hospital

I told you what it was for free Nadia LOL

I told you what it was for free Nadia LOL

i thought you were talking about ring pieces lol