Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smiler

Family Hotel In Pattaya?

Loads of things have to fall into place before I can commit but at least I will be in LOS at the time and I really would like to make Pete's bash at the Rockhouse 01/03. So anyone got any reccomendations for a "family" type hotel in Patts?

Must have a decent pool for young smiler he is nearly 4 years old.

I am thinking of my old haunt the Dynasty Resort on the hill up by Cozy Beach...............

loads of hotels all over town suitable for families .

give a budget and an area of town you'd like to help us narrow down our recommendations to you .

loads of hotels all over town suitable for families .

give a budget and an area of town you'd like to help us narrow down our recommendations to you .

Appreciate that, I am looking at Agoda right now and there are some good deals for around 2k per night.

Just wondered if any BMs had any particular favorites.

opey de place at the buakau end of soi lenkee less than 1k a night has a good pool with a small pool at one end for the smaller kids seen some familys there plus its a few minutes walk to the rockhouse

Areca Lodge might fit the bill, has two pools.

If your plans are still not set in stone try booking.com to look for hotels. Similar prices to Agoda but generally no pre paying and can cancel free of charge.

I would also suggest where I am right now.

I have a family.

I have a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in Soleil de Siam. Right on Soi Bukhao in the middle of everything. When I exit a few steps to the right takes me to Wok N Rok and a few more steps to the left lead me into LK Metro.

We have 2 beautiful swimming pools and I take my baby in there all the time.

Costs me 25,500 b a month + electricity + water + maid. In US terms it is totalling $1,000 a month. It is not perfect by any means but it really isn't bad either.

At short notice I don't know if they will have anything but they had no trouble moving me when I didn't like the first place.

Would you like me to check in the office for availability tomorrow?

I check the forum constantly so I will see your post or pm. Let me know.

opey de place at the buakau end of soi lenkee less than 1k a night has a good pool with a small pool at one end for the smaller kids seen some familys there plus its a few minutes walk to the rockhouse

Bit low end though mate, no? My mate stayed there and said it wasn't that great.

Bit low end though mate, no? My mate stayed there and said it wasn't that great.

Soi Lengkhee has started to get weird! There are some cheap hotels there that are perfectly suitable for a monger. Stayed at the Valentine several times. China Gardens is nice but the prices are jacked to put it mildly. At the top by 3rd rd there are a number of decent hotels set back that the Russians seem to dominate but they ain't cheap. Same with Opey de Place. Nothing special but they want real money there. Not any better than anywhere else from what I see.

Also no kitchen.

If you have a family I have found that a kitchen is a must. You need a sink / fridge / microwave / burner / toaster etc. Baby bottles and small meals HAVE to be prepared on the spot. They just do. When it was just me I didn't care a quick trip outside 24 / 7 and I had food, booze and pussy. The 3 basic food groups!! Family changes everything.

We stay at The Areca Lodge, in the Evergreen Wing to the rear of the plot. That suits all of our needs and is a great location in my opinion

Thanks for the replies guys, we are only going to be in Pattaya for 1 or 2 nights if I can make it happen but as I said in the OP a number of things have to fall into place work wise. Knowing the shower of shite I contract to the chances are I won't be able to commit till 28/02.

Sabai lodge soi 2. Nice hotel, affordable and far enough away from the naughty night life yet only a 5-10 minute drive by motorbike/baht bus. The beach is quite nice that side of Pattaya as well.

Sabai lodge soi 2. Nice hotel, affordable and far enough away from the naughty night life yet only a 5-10 minute drive by motorbike/baht bus. The beach is quite nice that side of Pattaya as well.

My impression is that is more of a mongers hotel than for families, is that not correct?

My impression is that is more of a mongers hotel than for families, is that not correct?

Definitely not a "mongers hotel".

Lots of families and most visitors are Russian and Asian, not single farangs.