Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tongue

18 Coins Soi Bukhao

Well I recently had a couple of days in Pattaya with my good friend Andy. We stayed at Sutus court as Andy wanted a pool so we plumped for Sutus Court 1, large rooms and good price.

Anyhow I don't normally take a full English breakfast but as the hotel was right opposite 18 Coins I decided to give it a go. I was waiting for Andy to come down but he was otherwise entwined between some bird's loins. I just wanted to try the place as I had heard a lot about it on this forum. Well I wasn't disappointed, the breakfast I had was 140 baht and it was all I needed. Two eggs, two sausages, 2 bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, fried bread and my favourite, black pudding. 2 toast and jam/marmalade with a cup of tea and orange juice completed the deal. I was very surprised at the quality for such a low price deal. It was not greasy at all, I would eat there again.

Disclaimer: I did eat at Wok and Rock and Rockhouse during my stay. Might stop a few posts coming my way lol.

post-2161-0-25738200-1393646452_thumb.jp

Have eaten breakfast there myself a few times and it's not too bad. Don't really look at prices as it's more about it being edible than what I pay. The only negative for me is the orange juice but from experience most places serve the same stuff, so not a deal breaker.

That's the crap I like to get away from!

Well I can only say that I very rarely eat a full English except usually in the UK when staying at B and B's but this example was very well put together. It actually wasn't crap as I don't like to put crap into my body and I am particular about what foods I eat. I just had a yearning for the English and I thought it was prepared well and was very tasty, it actually was of a good quality for me. I do agree the orange juice was not top dollar and was perhaps the weakest item for taste in the offering. I didn't choose it because of the cost, I choose it because I had seen other members mention it was ok. The cost was just a bonus.

Guest Winston_Churchill

ive ate there for years it's always been good,the guy who used to have it Alan has opened a new place round the corner on soi lenkee called jocky's it's next to the china garden imho it's better than the 18 coins lovely restuarant inside with aircon.

ive ate there for years it's always been good,the guy who used to have it Alan has opened a new place round the corner on soi lenkee called jocky's it's next to the china garden imho it's better than the 18 coins lovely restuarant inside with aircon.

Thanks for the tip.

Guest Bazle

Well I can only say that I very rarely eat a full English except usually in the UK when staying at B and B's but this example was very well put together. It actually wasn't crap as I don't like to put crap into my body and I am particular about what foods I eat. I just had a yearning for the English and I thought it was prepared well and was very tasty, it actually was of a good quality for me.

Yes, it's purely a matter of taste. I saw that picture as I was eating my breakfast bowl of muesli - not good timing! I hate English fry-ups!

If you are concerned about keeping crap out of your body, I don't understand eating sausages, or tomatoes which have been fried when they taste better raw, or bread soaked in fat (I'm assuming it wasn't toast).

Guest Winston_Churchill

I don't understand eating sausages, or tomatoes which have been fried when they taste better raw, or bread soaked in fat (I'm assuming it wasn't toast).

ive never tried raw sausages what they like?

agreed that the food is ok - I also like the service - six or so waitresses who will actually relate to you , including two ladyboys

Yes, it's purely a matter of taste. I saw that picture as I was eating my breakfast bowl of muesli - not good timing! I hate English fry-ups!

If you are concerned about keeping crap out of your body, I don't understand eating sausages, or tomatoes which have been fried when they taste better raw, or bread soaked in fat (I'm assuming it wasn't toast).

The sausages appeared grilled as did the bacon and tomatoes but the lack of grease may have duped me. Fried breakfasts are bad for you but once in about 6 months I think I will be ok.

Guest Bazle

The sausages appeared grilled as did the bacon and tomatoes but the lack of grease may have duped me. Fried breakfasts are bad for you but once in about 6 months I think I will be ok.

Yes, I'm sure you will. An occasional indulgence probably does you good, assuming you enjoy what you eat.

My point about the sausages was not whether they were fried or grilled but just eating them at all. I like to know what I am eating, so won't touch them.

e.g. http://www.dailymail.co.UK/news/article-2175655/So-really-ingredients-really-sausage-Read-eat-frankfurter-again.html

Guest Mr Pastry

That doesn't look bad. Have eaten a few times in the Coins, but not recently, and the food was quite good Never had the breakfast though, I guess with all the improvements of food these days, its a good idea to try a few different places and see what you like best. As an old Dinosaur, I used to love Juice restaurant for breakfast and their fresh coffee. But alas they have gone now. Wherever I go for breakers, they must serve brewed fresh ground coffee. If they have that, AND a really well cooked tasty breakfast then, I would eat at such a place every morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day out there for me.

Dave, I know you had tea with the brekky, but can you remember whether they served fresh coffee or not ??

Yes they do serve coffee, percolated I think. I've stayed at 18 Coins and the whole menu, even the specials, are good value and not to big so as to fill you up to make you feel bloated.

looks great but a full english is way too much food in one sitting for me these days....loved it in my teens and 20s.

now i find two eggs scrambled and a glass of juice is perfect for a holiday brekky...

there is nothing worse than being so full that you feel discomfort for 7 hours afterwards..lol

i'm in pattaya to feel light and have big power! lol

looks great but a full english is way too much food in one sitting for me these days....loved it in my teens and 20s.

now i find two eggs scrambled and a glass of juice is perfect for a holiday brekky...

there is nothing worse than being so full that you feel discomfort for 7 hours afterwards..lol

i'm in pattaya to feel light and have big power! lol

I must admit that some foods can bloat me and the size of what I was offered was a little daunting as I don't eat much. I will confirm though I had no after affects and trust me I do have a very fragile stomach that is easily upset.

I ate in Jockys the other night and I thought the food was very good, the price extremely reasonable and the restaurant was nice. The AC actually had an impact and the entire place was clean.

I agree ate there several times last trip (Jockys) excellent value also the only place i could get online to use my sky bet account .

Guest Steve Anders

Looks like a decent breakfast. Decent price.

Why can't people just admit they cannot eat what they want because they will be a fat cnut. :)